opnion mb quart speaker quality?

nosho47

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of these http://www.amazon.com/MBQUART-PVL216-6-5-Inch-Component-Convertible/dp/B004PW8H86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397567836&sr=8-1&keywords=mb+quart+pvl216, but I wouldnt know a "Quality" set of speakers. From my experiences in lower end car audio, these are by far the best speakers I have had, BUT they have huge downside. They have plastic baskets and rings. If your mounting surface isnt perfectly flush and level, they will distort out of round and sound like crap. The tweeters sound great however. Im running them on the -3db side of the crossover and they are bright.

Also note Im running these off an Alpine CDE-147BT head unit with no external amp. So keep in mind... my opinion probably doesnt mean a whole lot as most of my experience has been with Pioneer and Sony speakers and Im not running any additional amplification. Anyone running some really nice stuff like Hertz or whatever will probably listen to these and say they are junk. I had a buddy who I helped install a set of Polk 6.5" components and I think those sound just as good, but are sturdier in construction, so if I were to do it over again, I'd probably go with Polk.

Archived