Nubster Posted April 9, 2014 Author Report Posted April 9, 2014 Went ahead and ordered the Pioneer TS-D1720C component set. Should have them Friday. I'll probably install on the head unit until I get the amp and wiring to hook it up...or I may not. Who knows.
PortSideAudio Posted April 9, 2014 Report Posted April 9, 2014 Amp i would suggest SQ, Rockford Fosgate, CT sounds, Crescendo 2002 Toyota Corolla Pioneer DEH-80PRS Soundqubed Q1-2200d Soundqubed HDC3.118 Soundqubed Q4-120 Alpine SPR-60 Alpine SPR-60C
Nubster Posted April 9, 2014 Author Report Posted April 9, 2014 Yeah...right now I'm looking hard at the RF R400-4D but I'll definitely consider/look at others.
Nubster Posted April 9, 2014 Author Report Posted April 9, 2014 Alright...went ahead and just ordered the R400-4D. Figure I can upgrade later if I need to but honestly...all I'm trying to accomplish here is a decent upgrade from the factory system...which if anyone reading this has ever had a Subaru...you know how shitty Subaru factory systems are, so I could probably shop at Walmart and build a better than factory system. So anyways...now onto deadening the doors. I'm planning on doing CDL tiles on the outer door skin, a layer of MLV with a closed foam decoupler between the inner door and door panel. I'll probably seal any holes in the door as well. One question I have, after sealing the holes, should I cover the entire inner door with a layer of deadener or just do tiles like on the outer skin? As far as deadener...anyone use the CLD tiles from Sound Deadener Showdown?
BZRK_J Posted April 11, 2014 Report Posted April 11, 2014 I don't know how much you're paying for that but I've heard good reviews about Fatmat. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190688110305?lpid=82 I don't think it's too bad on the price. I bet you could fish around for cheaper.
Nubster Posted April 12, 2014 Author Report Posted April 12, 2014 For the whole SDS "system", it'll cost a little over $100 shipped for two doors. That's CLD tiles, closed cell foam, MLV, and extruded butyl rope. I'm still debating on how to go about the whole thing. Whether to try tiles or do full coverage of the doors with mat and use the CCF and MLV between the door and door panel or just skip that step and do only the mat on the doors.
Nubster Posted April 12, 2014 Author Report Posted April 12, 2014 Ok...another newb question...if I'm just using one 150w amp...would I get any benefit in running 1/0 wiring to a block and 4g to the amp? Or would 4g from the battery to the amp be ok...for now. At least until I add a second amp and sub? If it matters, I'll be sticking the amp under the front passenger seat. There's plenty of room and it'll be close to the H/U and front doors so the run from the battery to the amp will be less than 10'.
BZRK_J Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 If you're able to you might as well only use the same gauge the amp is meant for. Usually 4g would do just fine, as long as it's good 4g.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.