Second Skin Audio

American Bass XD 12 enclosure??

Deeznutz

I picked up a pair of American Bass XD 12's for $70. Ohm readings are fine, the V.C.'s are still shiny copper,spiders are still impressively stiff.

As many others have found, this company only offers specs and not enclosure recommendations.

I am asking you guys with enclosure programs for help.

Basically looking for a sealed vs. ported (internal dimensions). Lowest usable Hz. This way I can see what I do with my 328i convertible. I have a JL J2 1000.1 to push them. I want the sub enclosure as a spare set up to sit in the location of the back seats. Complete with handles. This way I can drop it in if we go for a day trip, cruising down I-75 doing 80mph with the Bimmer top down bumping the beats. Amp in the trunk with 8G wire feeding the box through the ski hole.

Thx-Frank

Specs:
Impedence (Ohm) 2.4
Rdc (Ohm) 1.5
Levc mH 2.123
Fo Hz 35
Sd msqM 51.071
BL TM 10.154
Qms 3.859
Qes 0.533
Qts 0.484
n% 0.38
SPL dB 93
Vas L 43
Cms uM/N 114
Mms g 159
VC Inch 2.5
Mgnt oz 120
Xmax ±MM 13
RMS 500w
MAX 1000w
F.Range Hz <500
Mounting Depth
MM 165
Inch 6.46

Since this is a convertable I would strongly recommend a ported box. Unlike a hardtop vehicle you aren't going to get any cabin gain so sealed boxes are going to fall flat on their face when it comes to hitting the lows.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived