Sonic Electronix

1994 Chevy silverado 1500 regular cab audio help

Check out my build log I have 2 12s in a ported box, it gets really low, plays with authority down to 23-24hz, and it almost chokes you a bit on the upper bass like 50hz.

And only on roughly 1400 rms.

Personally I'd recommend a single 12" ported with a 4" PVC port, because a single sub is simpler that two and also costs less than two 10s or 8s. (Equivalent models and such)

SA-8 is what 160$ or 180$ and the SA-12 is 210$ shipped or so. Just have to plan the box out correctly for the mounting depth and boom badda bing you'll be very happy.

Also if you build the box yourself make sure to predrill all the holes and save some sawdust so you can mix it with glue to fill in large gaps.

And I know, you've heard it before, but you totally have to measure twice and cut once.

I built my box with a circular saw and sanding was a bish so be prepared to sand allllllllllllll day.

And if you need any help there's a lot of good folks here who can help you with box specs, and I'll offer whatever advice I can.

And here's a little of what it can do with a nice box.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

if you are on a tight budget.... i would look into sundowns e8's..... they will do the job i believe you are looking for. and when you start to learn and gather more info

and experience you can always upgrade.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Or if you can do 1 ported look in to soundqubed. Cheap but very good sub.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Well it's been a while since ive posted on here but i ended up getting 2 Rockford Fosgate R1S410 10" subwoofers.I am in need of an amp now.I am still looking to go cheap so ive been looking at Boss amplifiers.now i know they aren't top of the line stuff but I just want a decent amp that will push 2 10"s without a problem and not fry them either.the box im building is going to be sealed because that is what the manual says is best for these subs.My question is then, What are your guys take on Boss amps and lower cost amps?

Boss? completely ignore the numbers on the box, look at the fuses on the side and if it's a 20a fuse then expect 150-200w rms on a good day. If it says 4000w and has three 30a fuses, then you have a 1000w or less amp. They exaggerate their numbers like crazy, and it's dirty power too. I would personally prefer an Audio Pipe APSM they do pretty good power for the money. Also the Hifonics Brutus line does close to rated. Or you could buy mine, I'll PM you...

*Edit it's the Audiopipe APCL, my mistake.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Boss=junk

Audio pipe=junk

Hifonics=junk that will eat your cars electrical alive.

Look in to soundqubed and rockford's prime series amps. Both are good and cheap

And no Cory he can't buy yours you do not have enough posts to sell on the forum yet. Sorry bro

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my build log I have 2 12s in a ported box, it gets really low, plays with authority down to 23-24hz, and it almost chokes you a bit on the upper bass like 50hz.

And only on roughly 1400 rms.

Personally I'd recommend a single 12" ported with a 4" PVC port, because a single sub is simpler that two and also costs less than two 10s or 8s. (Equivalent models and such)

SA-8 is what 160$ or 180$ and the SA-12 is 210$ shipped or so. Just have to plan the box out correctly for the mounting depth and boom badda bing you'll be very happy.

Also if you build the box yourself make sure to predrill all the holes and save some sawdust so you can mix it with glue to fill in large gaps.

And I know, you've heard it before, but you totally have to measure twice and cut once.

I built my box with a circular saw and sanding was a bish so be prepared to sand allllllllllllll day.

And if you need any help there's a lot of good folks here who can help you with box specs, and I'll offer whatever advice I can.

And here's a little of what it can do with a nice box.

Ok so its been a while since i posted again because ive been really busy. Anyways i have 2 rockford fosgate r1s410 10" subs that require a sealed box and 0.75 internal cubic air.i am looking at the rockford fosgate p4004 amp that will give them 200 watts a piece when bridged because it is a 4 channel amp. Anyways when i drive i need the seat all the way back.i am having difficulty designing a box. I thought maybe you could help seeing that you have almost the exact same vehicle. Also i would prefer to have one big box than 2 small boxes.if you could give me dimensions and ideas that would be great.thank you.

Archived