Sundown Audio

Car Audio Newbie needs help selecting an appropriate amp!

Techno_Allah

oh no problem. my feelings arent hurt or anything. was just trying to stay in/ under his price range. and honnestly, i thought they did do rated power. my bad. listen to jarrius over me.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Unfortunately no they don't and as I said they pull a shut load of power. You can take a good 2k amp and have it hold steady on 13v on ok electrical. Now replace it with a hifonics and I know you will drop to around 12v. That's my main thing about them amps. Sorry if I am sounding like a dick but it be the truth.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

oh no worries, your all good bro. i was misinformed about those amps, and never knew that. thats why were here, to learn new things, and now i do. lol

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I'll be the dick... He said good quality amp not pos that draws a shit load of power and does not do rated rms.

These 2 amps wil be your best bet unless you buy used. Both these amps put out more then rated power PROVEN!!! But you will need to upgrade your electrical with any 2k amp. https://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-2200D_p_31.htmlhttp://www.c2audio.com/C2Audio-Recon-16-Amp

Edit: also look at the soundqubed subs. There amassing subs will last along time and are just all around better (IMO) then those kickers and they are also cheaper and NEW ^_^

What do you mean exactly by upgrading my electrical? I'm going to put in a dedicated battery to run all this stuff as opposed to having it wired through the battery that runs in the car, if that's what you were referring to?

Also, I'll check out the subs you mentioned and keep 'em in mind if I'm dissatisfied with how things turned out with the kicker sub. From what I can Gauge, Kicker subs are more brand name and popular with folk who just want to blast bass and brag, but I got 'em at a deal, new. Couldn't pass 'em up.

yeah, one of my first subs was a kicker l7 15. but it was an older model. nothing wrong with them. they do sound nice, but you are paying a lot for the brand name.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

yeah, one of my first subs was a kicker l7 15. but it was an older model. nothing wrong with them. they do sound nice, but you are paying a lot for the brand name.

That's what I've noticed in the comment section of many sites that have 'em. If I hadn't already bought this one off of that aquaintance, I might have looked into getting something that operated jut as good if not better for the same price or less....but I'm generally fine with what I have now. I can uprade in the future.

I just want to make sure I go back home with all the right parts I need to make this thing bump good and proper. Much thanks for your input though, much appreciated.

Upgradeing electrical would consist of BIG 3 upgraded battery under the hood a battery in the trunk and depending on how small your alt it possibly upgrading to a high output alt.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Upgradeing electrical would consist of BIG 3 upgraded battery under the hood a battery in the trunk and depending on how small your alt it possibly upgrading to a high output alt.

Big 3 upgraded battery? Is that a type of battery of car battery?

The sound guy that I'll be taking my jeep to (2006 Suzuki Vitara) should be able to factor all this in, I'm sure. If you want a good system, you gotta be prepared to pay for it they said. No problem, much thanks for the advice, mate.

the big three is upgrading the 3 main wires of your electrical system to 1/0 gauge wire, not a type of battery. there is a great tutorial of how to do it on this site. thats what i followed when doing mine for the first time.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived