robby512 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 Im considering installing a tablet as my head unit had a few questions.(I don't have the tablet yet but would probably buy some sort of Samsung galaxy tab) First off If I run it threw a clarion eqs746 will I loose volume output compared to my Sony cdx-Gs500r or will I still no matter what be able to reach same voulme output?(I don't want to loose volume output I enjoy my two soundqubed hdc 3's 15's ) Thanks any input is appreciated
youngbass98 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 If you lose pre out voltage it just requires more gain on the amp. Just like changing from 2v preout headunit to a 4v. 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
robby512 Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 That's what I was thinking I was going to go to a higher per out voltage but let me ask this way since I have thought of a better way to word it. Let's just hypotheticly say I can do a 150 on a db meter (not what I can coif you missed the hypothetical part just to make this demo question easy) this is with the Sony cdx radio 5 volt per outs and let's just say I have it on volume 35 Now i install the clarion eq and tablet and the eq is the same voltage (5 volts) let's say this can only go to volume 25 am I still able to hit that 150 db hypotheticly at volume 25? Will I need to adjust gains? Like you said already Or will that be the same db's?
youngbass98 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 Every thing will be exactly the same. The amp will put out the same amount of watts as it did before 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Noel989 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 You will have to retune You would have try it out can't really tell if it'll be louder or quitter Theirs several threads/build logs that say they notice a difference when changing hu, some gain some loose Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
robby512 Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 Ok questions keep jumping to me now with that clarion eq746 it says it has a max 7 volt pre out (says it on sonic electronix) is this like one of the 5000 watt max amp where it doesn't do that?
robby512 Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 Hmm ok thanks for the input noelito I can always just run it back threw USB if needed and retain head unit and if it doesn't work as long as I get it done ASAP if I don't like it and am careful and don't damage any tablet parts of eq I can always return it
youngbass98 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 No it is saying it can only handle 7 volts through it I believe. 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
robby512 Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 Hmm so the amp will tell it the voltage? Since I don't have a headunit?
robby512 Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 Never mind clarion had it on there website it is a 7 volt pre output i understand what it means thanks for everyone's help
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.