Help with stock head unit

I am working on getting an amp wired in my 2006 Nissan Altima with Bose system. i purchased this item

gUk5U37.jpg

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7714_PAC-AOEM-NIS2.html

I have some questions about it. Should i use the front or rear connections for the RCA outputs. Also do i install it and leave it as is or do i need to adjust anything?

Ok are you running the amp to your doors or to the subs? If the amp is going to the subs, hook it to the rear connection. And yes you may have to adjust the levels on it, so the radio and amp can match each other.

You'd wire either the front right & left, or rear right & left to your current subwoofer connection.

From there you put the RCA's to the amp, and hook up your extra sub.

EDIT: How come you didn't purchase a 2-channel high-low converter? Out of curiosity.

That type of converter should be plug n play, you have the "C" cable (like a T pattern) which plugs in between your factory HU and the factory amp and then to your OEM-1 input. Then you have your Amp RCA Cable from the output of the OEM-1 which plugs into your sub amp, you can use the remote wire from the output of the OEM-1 to turn on your sub amp. If there are no adjustments on the OEM-1 then your adjustments will be made at the sub amp and through your HU.

I did not purchase a 2 channel because this unit uses the stock connections on the head unit. I will use the rear speaker rca connections. There are adjustment screws located in the four holes shown in the pic above. Leave those as is?

It is a high-low input converter last I checked. You can purchase ANY 2-ch version of it and it'll work. I know because I use the same thing for my subwoofer inputs.

Outside of this, you take all your adjustments on the OEM-1, turn the knobs all the way down.

You turn it up accordingly, I forgot how to be honest with you. I only turned mine's up a bit.

Yes, you will make your adjustments after you install the OEM-1 at the left and right rear screws/knobs. They are the gains, I think counter clockwise to turn it down and clockwise to turn it up. If you have a DD1 then adjustments would be easy. Adjust your HU to your liking and turn the volume up to your normal listening standards and then adjust the OEM-1 to a point where you feel like the bass is good for you then adjust your amp. Or you can adjust the OEM-1 about a half turn then adjust your amp. Either way it's up to you to tweak it till you are satisfied with the bass.

Archived