Second Skin Audio

box help for ct exo 15

Aj11

what's up guys? I'll be getting a ct sounds EXO 15 when they hit the states. I'll be running 2 ct 1400.1 to this sub. i will have to build partial in trunk. my max dimensions are W39 H18 L43. i do not want to go with a standard slot vent or ported box. I've been looking at 2 boxes for my set up. i know Lil about each, just looking for some input from you guys. which one would fit My needs the best. i love low bass, if i could play down to 20hz and peak at 60hz that would be ideal for my needs.

well heres the two boxes I've been looking at and Would just like some size, tuning,and port area ideas for these

dcr1-1_zpsc9c34b31.png

Would also like to hear some of the pros and cons of either box. also if.anyone has run one of these.thanks guys

heres the rest of the boxes I've been looking at

dcr1_zps9d79c46c.gif

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Never seen either of those boxes

Although out of curiosity... Why do you want to peak at 60?

you never seeing them makes me want one that much more! i love having what most people don't.

and peaking at 60hz isn't nearly as important as being able to play Down to 20hz.

but personally i don't care for bass above 60hz. to Me it's a annoying buzzing noise.

if i can play to 80 that's fine don't care but i really want to slam the lows! in a perfect world i this sub Would be used from 15-40hz then get a second stage of tens or 8s to play from 40-100hz. i always catch hell for liking such a low bass but i don't care it's what i like and what I'm gonna listen to and have spent thousands of dollars to do so.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Nothing wrong with liking low bass. Just trying to figure out why you need to be able to play so high. Most music doesn't go above 60, and realistically being able to play up to 50 will let you play pretty much anything. Anything higher than that and you'd want midbass in your doors to take over anyway

oh really you think that's high? haha i usually catch hell for not wanting to play to 80hz. id love to cut off at 45hz hate spl to Me that's noise not sound! haha. my old box was tuned at 30 and i could play to 25ish hz and had no prob hitting 80hz i cut at 65hz tho. but yea I'vebeen yelled at here a few times for not wwanting to go pass 60

another question i had about those 2 boxes is if i slot vents or ports Would work better? yea ports are gonna be easier for sure but the Money i will have into this I'm not trying to go the easy route or cut corners.. so to speak

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff