Sonic Electronix

2011 hyundai genesis build help, thanks in advance!

Yes island pride that is exactly what it looks like. I talked to audio control and it looks like I will be going with the lc8i due to the extra channel it had and newer design over the 6. I'm going to do a build thread incase anyone else runs into these questions with this car thank you every one

aafi.jpg

ok so turns out I DO have a factory amp... my bad, now my question is, how do I know which of the 2 plugs going into the amp is input and output.. I know I need to tap into the system AFTER the factory amp which would be on the output side, correct?

ill post pictures in a second

aafi.jpg

Turn your car on and get a dmm and test wires. You can pull speakers out of the doors and go wire by wire to see if there is continuity between the wire am the speaker. If there is it's the correct one.... Or you could try dinging a wire diagram for ur car.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

thanks sir, I replaced all speakers today and ran all wires, also sound deadened the whole car. This has been a lot of work so far, i hope it turns out sounding good. I took note of the stock speaker wire colors and matched them to the small plug which is the out put plug.

received the lc8i today and will be installing it tomorrow night. and hearing how this all sounds for the first time!

aafi.jpg

Ok so I just finished attempting to hook up the lc8i, ugh this has been such a hassle, so I cut the wires on the output side of my amp and ran the front positives and front negatives to the main channel and rear negatives and positives to second channel, the lc8i doesn't need a remote wire it gets powered up whenever it gets a signal from the speaker wires, and it IS powering up, which tells me I'm getting a speaker signal, but I'm not getting any music coming out of my speakers! Idk if my rca cables are wrong or if my speaker wires aren't ran correctly or if it's the lc8i. In going to wait untill Monday to call audio control but Jw if anyone can take a look at these pictures and see if things look right, each speaker is ran to it's own channel on the amp

B3FCD284-CA73-49D6-843F-C6D0E6CED765_zps

B264B66B-D8F3-441D-8049-3370507D3E4B_zps

738DC7ED-91B7-48B9-96B4-511C90FC907B_zps

51B91720-69F9-4DD7-A51C-D1AC9A96C758_zps

aafi.jpg

Personally I would get rid of the factory amp and use the wires from the input side going into the factory amp. There should be instructions on how to do it in the LC8i manual. Since you are going to be using another amp to power your mids and highs there is no need for the factory amp. Also, you are going to have to open up the LC8i and mess with the switches inside because the signal needs to be summed. There should also be instructions on how to do that too.

Archived