Sonic Electronix

2011 hyundai genesis build help, thanks in advance!

Ok that's a possibility, I got music to come out of speakers now, BUT they only play when my rca cables are plugged in half way,as soon as the outer she'll of the rca cable touches the amp the speakers turn off. Any idea what this could be?

aafi.jpg

Ok so I just finished attempting to hook up the lc8i, ugh this has been such a hassle, so I cut the wires on the output side of my amp and ran the front positives and front negatives to the main channel and rear negatives and positives to second channel, the lc8i doesn't need a remote wire it gets powered up whenever it gets a signal from the speaker wires, and it IS powering up, which tells me I'm getting a speaker signal, but I'm not getting any music coming out of my speakers! Idk if my rca cables are wrong or if my speaker wires aren't ran correctly or if it's the lc8i. In going to wait untill Monday to call audio control but Jw if anyone can take a look at these pictures and see if things look right, each speaker is ran to it's own channel on the amp

B3FCD284-CA73-49D6-843F-C6D0E6CED765_zps

B264B66B-D8F3-441D-8049-3370507D3E4B_zps

738DC7ED-91B7-48B9-96B4-511C90FC907B_zps

51B91720-69F9-4DD7-A51C-D1AC9A96C758_zps

Which wire is which? The ones going into the main input of the LC8i.

Front Right + Pin 7 Front Left + Pin 8

Front Right - Pin 15 Front Left - Pin 16

hey island pride I hooked up the speaker wire I ran to my stock amp, and all my speakers are working great. so I know all the speaker wire is fine, that left me with the lc8i and the new amp to be the problem, well I ran all the stock amp wires to the appropriate location in the lc81. channel 1 is my front doors and channel 2 is my rear doors. I started to plug my rca's in and for some reason the music only plays when the rca wires are plugged in half way, as soon as I plug them in all the way the music shuts off. im at a loss idk what to do.

aafi.jpg

i44g8x.jpg

It is because the outputs from the factory amp are crossed over that is why if you plug in the rcas all the way the sound goes away. Its hard to explain, the only way you will understand it is to do some research on summing audio signals.

Say for example, the rca female side of the LC8i is the positive and the outer piece is the negative, the male part of the rca is the positive and the surrounding piece around it is the negative. Since the signals are crossed over the positive for the female side will be negative and the outer piece will be negative, so when you plug the male part in, the outer pieces between the two will mate and thus produce a slight signal, but when you plug it in all the way the positive and the negative will contact each other creating a connection that will not work...Hopefully this will put a slight understanding on it, but I think that is the best example I can give, im no expert on this but that is my opinion....

If you want to keep the factory amp, you have to open up the LC8 and adjust the jumpers on it...use the instructions it came with to do that. But I think the signals are crossed over after the factory amp. To eliminate summing the signals, you might have to remove the factory amp and use the inputs from the factory amp and use those wires as your inputs into the LC8i. I think those signals are clean.

Connector A

MAIN INPUT

Front Left - Front Right - These connections go into the LC8i and then output to the amps. Main output to a Y adapter to the 4

Front Left + Front Right + channel amp and Channel 2 to the sub amp. I hope I don't confuse the hell out of you.

CHANNEL 2 INPUT

Rear Left - Rear Right -

Rear Left + Rear Right +

wow, ok great info man, you've really helped me a lot so far with this I appreciate it sir, that will be my project for tomorrow then. is there any negative side effects from removing my facroty amp? I could care less if its not in there. ill read up and call audio control about summing the signals but thanks again. ill report back once I work on it a bit

aafi.jpg

Since you are installing an amp to run the mids and highs, there is no need for it, and judging from the schematic, there are no important connections on it, so you should be fine. All your tuning will be made at the LC8 and through the amps. Hopefully you get it working and post some vids after you get it working.

I tried running an input speaker wire into the lc8 and got the same out come, music only plays with rca halfway plugged in :( so I guess I need to sum? If I have my front left and front right speakers plugged into the main channel of the lc8 and my rear left and rear right plugged into channel 2 of the lc8 which channel would I need to sum and which channel would I plug my rcaS into

aafi.jpg

This is the most aggervating thing man.. If I run all the speaker wire I ran for my after market speakers to my factory amp speaker wire outputs they all work fine, but as soon as I try to incorporate the lc8 so I can add my aftermarket amp, everything goes to shit

aafi.jpg

ok pride, got it to work! but im pretty embaressed to admit what the problem was lol... the whole time I had the lc8 on aux mode. there are 2 rca inputs to plug an ipod in with a rca to aux converter. well I had it on aux mode.. as soon as I switched it to main mode it started working :/ ughhh god, oh well once again apreiciate all the help, I will post some vids of the system once the subs are in and make thread in builds section for any one else who ever does a genesis build

aafi.jpg

Archived