3Sixty.2 sub input

Hopefully this has not been covered somewhere and I just missed it when I did a search. If so, first off sorry, second could you put a link to the post here as that would help me. Thanks.

Here is the issue. First time setting up one of these. Following the manual to get all correct. Setting up the 3Sixty.2 and connecting it to a Pioneer AVH4200DVD. HU has front, rear and sub rca outputs. Have the clean volume level using the DD1 and verified with the tpi440. I connect the rcas to the 3Sixty.2 and have no problems setting the level to just blinking red on the front and rear using the directed track 1 on the disc. The problem is the sub input. I can turn it all the way up and no red clip light at all.

So, looked into it. In order for the sub output to work on the HU I have to switch it to ON. No problem. The issue is that there is no way to turn off the LP filter that is on the HU. You can adjust it up somewhat, but not off. Don't remember the exact number, but say it will go up to 200 or so and that is it. So, track 1 appears to be a higher frequency pulse. Obviously it is getting filtered out so no clip light to adjust as no signal passed through.

So, is there something special about this track 1? For example, is it a 1k pulse at -5db or some such? Reason I ask is could I just use a 40 hz non pulse tone with matching -5db (if that is what it is) and set the level to just under clip using that? Does it have to be pulsing? What has everyone else used?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Personally I would just use the front and rear inputs on the 3sixty and use the remote knob as your bass level control. The 3sixty has any crossover functions you need.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Thanks for the reply!

That is how I currently have it set up as far as connection. Just have the front and rears connected and disconnected the sub input to the 360. Still in the install process and setting everything up and tweaking it.

Just was thinking I'd like to use the Sub output from the HU as it has one. That and then I could adjust the sub level right from the HU if I needed rather than running the remote knob to do it. Just a matter of what to use to set the input level if I go that route.

I don't have the remote knob installed right now. On the fence about installing it. Not found a spot I like the look of for it for one. Of course, the HU would not have the range probably the remote would, but that might be a good thing lol.

Thanks again for your post!

Don't know if anyone else would run into this same issue or if it is like usual and just me lol. Anyway, got a response from Rockford today and thought I'd post it up to maybe help someone else.

From Forrest at Rockford Fosgate:

You should be able to use the 40 hz tone no problem.

So, by that reply I'll use a straight 40 hz tone I already have and set the input. Won't get the blinking red clip light as on the other channels, but should be able to set it to just below the red clip light and be okay I would think.

Archived