Sundown Audio

Opinions on Precision Power Amps

hammiethebasshead

The XTANT X1001 Class D on top cost me a whopping $XX.00 w/6 warranty. I'm just sitting on it. I'm going to flip it her on Ebay. The only thing wrong with her are the scratches. 1000W @ 2 or 1 Ohm. 1500W @ 0.5 Ohm competition.

Don't knock the Audiobahn A8000T! Decent amp. I had the A1300HC. It's easy to find another A8000T. I know where one is for $71.99.

800W @ 2 Ohms. Class A/B $XX.00 Both amps would run about $XXX.00, so that's 1600W @ 2 Ohm. That's a freakin' bargain!!!!!!!

My favorite Avionixx CDX 1040. $XX.00. Same as the Elemental Designs amps which were highly rated years ago for sound quality from what I read online.

I lost a chance to get the CXA-2800Mbecause I was too cheap to buy it for $127.00! 1300W @ 1 Ohm. I'm holding onto this one for now when I find the 2800M they will be installed!!!!!

JL J2 1000.1's 1000W @ 1 Ohm $XXX.00 a piece. Clean, clean amps!

IMAG4788_zps9f4d5d09.jpg

Talk about a price point! I consider these quality amps for the money spent. Even if they blow, the cost is relatively low. People always harp on price, like they are married to the freakin' amp. lol. If you spent $7.91 on Burger King today like I did, that right there is wasted money yet people do not harp on that!

-Frank

I can understand where you are coming from deeznuts I think I am going to look at the local pawn shops. I am friends with the owner of one of them but he usually has more subs than amps. Hell I love finding stuff at pawn shops because it's cheaper and if I buy from my buddy's shop and it doesn't work or messes up in X amount of time he will give me my money back or let me trade it off for a different one.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Cool! Glad to hear I convinced another person. 2 down, 5,000,000,000 to go! lol. Hit the chain pawn shops, they payout alittle more and can neg. a bit more. if an amp sits for > 3 months i can get it for $10-15 over what they paid. So by all means haggle! Also keep an open mind. if you find an amp for cheap, than buy it and pay the higher ebay price for the matching amp. still a bargain for 2 amps either way you slice it.

post up what you find!!!!

-.Frank

p.s. im going to buy those c3's today!

I agree with Deez. The pawn shop is the best way to go for quality equipment at rock bottom prices. Unfortunately for me, the shops within 50 miles of me don't take amps in on pawn or sell them. They only get low end subs like sony and dual, also. I have only seen a few subs in the last few years that were worth picking up, but they were only a few dollars below retail and had no negotiation room.

Being a broke dad, I have to get the best of what I can afford. 99% of my funds go to making my sons happy. I picked up PA because it is better than anything I have found in my price point. If I could afford to spend double or triple what I spent on my PA amp, I would have gone with Soundqubed or JBL, but I cant.

I think we should all realize that not everyone who loves car audio can afford to spend large amounts of cash on their systems. That is why most of us are home builders.

Built not Bought.

Sorry not trying to get off topic but I am a father of two children and I am not rich by any means but I do work my ass off and flip equipment and build boxes for other people. So if you want to play that card its fine but I have little sympathy for you. I've given amps to guys others who couldn't afford it just to get them bumping. I have built boxes for guys that have given me subs in exchange because they had no idea how to tune a box. I own 3 amps I purchased used that I have in my rides and are amps that are known to be solid performers.

You don't need to be rich to know that the amp you recommended is not a good amp and he can spend a little more money or even the same amount for a product that does what it says and says what it does...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived