mids n highs having to much bass??????

Blake Farrar

So I know i've posted alot of topics of this problem and I dont care, Im set on fixing this problem. So, when I play my mids and highs at low volumes. They sound good but they have alot of bass playing out of them witch I dont understand they have so much bass to them that if I turn it up a little over half they will start to distort. I've turned down the settings on my amp and the bass knob is all the way down on the amp. I also switched the amps and all the speakers around and it still does it! I

m so confused as to what to do at this point please help!

check your head unit settings. How high is the bass? Are you using loud or bass boost. these can all add bass into the mids and highs and distort things quickly

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Turn the crossover up on the 4 channel. The bass knob has nothing whatever to do with the signal going to the mids so you could turn it down, turn it off or take it out and throw it over a cliff and that won't change the signal that's going to a completely different amp and set of speakers.

You should not have the loudness contour set on the head unit and should also probably attenuate the bass setting on it as well.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

A. Punctuation

B. Someone already said crossover frequency. You have your answer.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

A. Punctuation

B. Someone already said crossover frequency. You have your answer.

If you can't understand what he typed, bad punctuation and all, that's your problem not his.Obviously it's readable to the users. I don't think he signed up for this forum to get an english lesson. It would be best for you being so new not to be an ass.

Turn the crossover up on the 4 channel. The bass knob has nothing whatever to do with the signal going to the mids so you could turn it down, turn it off or take it out and throw it over a cliff and that won't change the signal that's going to a completely different amp and set of speakers.

You should not have the loudness contour set on the head unit and should also probably attenuate the bass setting on it as well.

when i said bass knob i meant the bass boost on the amp and all bass settings are as low as they go thats the problem im having.

the built in crossover on the amp. that was going to be my next suggestion.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived