Second Skin Audio

help ..I think my box may be to big

DGL

I build my box for 4 hdc 3 d1 on 2 aq 2200's the box is 45 wide 46 long ( front to back) an 19 high the port is 12 inch wide 10 inchs long slot port on the middle subs fireing up it feels like it should be louder ..have a 200 amp alt 1 yellow top batt am 2 kinetic 1800's ..any help or input would be great or even a new box design if I have to go that route ..and its in a 99 suburban. Thanks..

you need twice the power. hdc3's laugh at 1k a piece.

subs need 16sqin of port per cube. im getting roughly 12. hdc315's need around 4.5 cubes a piece. 18's need 6-6.5 cubes per.

I build my box for 4 hdc 3 d1 on 2 aq 2200's the box is 45 wide 46 long ( front to back) an 19 high the port is 12 inch wide 10 inchs long slot port on the middle subs fireing up it feels like it should be louder ..have a 200 amp alt 1 yellow top batt am 2 kinetic 1800's ..any help or input would be great or even a new box design if I have to go that route ..and its in a 99 suburban. Thanks..

Diameter of the subs?

Your net volume is around 18 cubes net and is not too big, If your port area 12x10 = 120 square inches, then it's ridiculously small and that should be your main problem, about 260 square inches would be needed (it doesn't matter if some net volumes is lost), the other thing as pointed out is that you can easily source 1800-2000W to each sub without any issues, other things to look out for are port clearances in both ends to be adequate and tuning not to be much lower than mid 30s.

Archived