jarrius Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 So after this weekend at the TDH show giving some demos and getting a lot of demos and talking to people I got some advice on boxes. So here is my plan. My car peeks at 38hz and my current box is tuned to 36hz and was designed by JoeX. I did not do the 45's in the corners like I should have and did not resign in side of the box like I should have. So here is what im planning. Box 14Hx32Wx15.5L That should be about 3.9 Ft3 before displacements. Using 2 3in Aero's Flared 8.7in long should be tuned to 38hz (for burps) according to psp.com. and with sub displacement and port displacement box volume should be about 2.66ft3 Now I do want interchangeable ports 1 for burping and 1 for daily. The second will be 2 3in Aero's Flared About 11.1 in long and should be tuned to about 34hz. The box will still be about 2.6ft3. I will be doing 45's in the corner's and putting resign in the box to make it smother. Plan to do Resign 45's also instead of MDF. What do yall think with this plan. From my current box it will be 2in shorter in width so I hope air can move easer around it when I do burp and compete in ISPLL Subsonic Suicide and what ever alse I decide to do. Any help will be great thanks in advance. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Bump for thought. Should I use 4in instead of 3? Is I enough port area? 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 23, 2014 Author Report Posted April 23, 2014 Same as yesterday guys please help I'm still new to designing boxes. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 We'll I think I'm going to draw it up and see how it looks and try to make a design for it. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 Drew it up and I think I like it but i still don't know about the port. Any one? 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Joe X Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 I would recommend a 6" aero (or 2 4s) at least or a sectioned slot if you are wanting a dual tuning design with that sub. It's really hard to make a dual tuning box that will excel at comps and daily though. Can't remember the details of your project now but you should be firing forward sealed off if possible and you should upgrade sub and amp unless your category limits power or electrical upgrades or other modifications. Finally SPL boxes are setup on instruments (rta, termlab etc), not by ear or anything like that, if you don't have access then seek to have before doing anything, a box won't necessarily peak at tuning, any bigger objects (like an enclosure) can modify your resonant frequency so going on assumption won't get you far.
jarrius Posted April 28, 2014 Author Report Posted April 28, 2014 Electrical is holding me back from a bigger amp for now. Also you suggest just to rebuild for one mode then try 2? If that's the case I'm going daily since it's my daily driver. The box you designed me sounds great I just took the short way when I built it and did not do some of the things I should have done. To be honest it looks like shit due to cuts off and all. That's the main reason I'm wanting to build new is it looks like crap due to my laziness. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Joe X Posted April 29, 2014 Report Posted April 29, 2014 A SPL system is designed around the rules of your competing category and you need instruments to set it up right or you just not going to get results, I would recommend to do different boxes if you are dead serious on winning, if you just want to see if you can get some more out of your system then yes you can try a dual tuned box and play with it, it will take some real effort to get right.
jarrius Posted April 29, 2014 Author Report Posted April 29, 2014 Meh I will just go with a daily system. Do a rebuild and use aero ports and build it correct this time and not half ass. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.