Jhunt94 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I've been playing around with ideas for a new setup for the past few months and wonder if I could get some opinions on what I'm wanting to do. My latest idea is to build a ported box with 3-4 8" subwoofers. I particularly want to use 4 DC m3 8's but right now they're currently out of stock. I'm wonder exactly how this would sound. I'm not really sure about the tuning frequency so I'm open for suggestions in regards to that. I particularly like the lows so I'm wondering if this setup would be a feasible idea. Any suggestions, help, or opinions are welcome. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
truthsayer Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 With the proper box and tuning, and you should be happy. Personally i would tune some where around 33 to 35 hz.. truthsayer
Jhunt94 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 With the proper box and tuning, and you should be happy. Personally i would tune some where around 33 to 35 hz.. So would it hit the lows pretty well? 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
truthsayer Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 With the proper box and tuning, and you should be happy. Personally i would tune some where around 33 to 35 hz.. So would it hit the lows pretty well? Yes sir. truthsayer
derek_varnes Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Im currently in the process of building a new box.. I recently purchased 2 Summo 15s.. has anybody ever used these subs and what should box be tuned to if I was wanting to go with the SPL side of the spectrum? I was thinking somewhere around 38.. I noticed a lot of SMD have fairly large ports.. Thanks Droc
poorfish88 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 With the proper box and tuning, and you should be happy. Personally i would tune some where around 33 to 35 hz.. So would it hit the lows pretty well? Hell yes, I put just one in my wifes CRV and that little fucker is mean. It out pounds 2 old school kicker 8s, and sounds a hell of a lot better.
Jhunt94 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 With the proper box and tuning, and you should be happy. Personally i would tune some where around 33 to 35 hz.. So would it hit the lows pretty well? Hell yes, I put just one in my wifes CRV and that little fucker is mean. It out pounds 2 old school kicker 8s, and sounds a hell of a lot better. Well I guess that pretty much decided what I want to do. I guess now I'll just have to wait for the M3 8's to get back in stock. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
poorfish88 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I played it just for one song on a T1500bdcp, and the little guy took it and sounded awesome. The little guy is a beast is mated with a punch 500 amp the new one for daily. left guy out. derp
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.