Chrisxfl15 Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Ok guys I have a 2003 dodge stratus r/t coupe, I have a american bass xfl 15 and I need to build a ported enclosure, I would like it to be tuned around 32hz-34hz please help! Thank you
thefourth Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 Need max dimensions, amp you're using, etc. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Chrisxfl15 Posted April 26, 2014 Author Report Posted April 26, 2014 Audio pipe apsm 1500, max size it can be is 24in long x 17inch wide and 17 high, I have a box in the car right now sounds like dirt atm.
thefourth Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 17 inches wide or deep? Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Chrisxfl15 Posted April 26, 2014 Author Report Posted April 26, 2014 Current box is, 21L x 16.25H x 17.75D and the mdf is 5/8 thick
Joe X Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 Audio pipe apsm 1500, max size it can be is 24in long x 17inch wide and 17 high, I have a box in the car right now sounds like dirt atm. The reason it sounds bad is the box is too small and your max dimensions you state are small as well, guessing why, the trunk of that vehicle is pretty large, if you are unwilling to give up more space I would recommend going for a 12" or 2 10".
Chrisxfl15 Posted April 27, 2014 Author Report Posted April 27, 2014 What size box would I need for my 15? I reverse mounted it yesterday, sounds a little different but not much
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.