so just recently my car has had this electrical issue where the batter light will come on while driving. (assuming that means the voltage is low?). when it happens the abs and srs lights come on too.

the strange thing is that it will just randomly come on and off as i drive. it will actually flicker rapidly or just go at random.

usually when this happens i shut the radio off and the headlights too just to try and help but it doesnt seem to do anything because the light will still flicker.

i no longer have any subs so im assuming the current draw is minimal with just the lights and radio.

this has been happening more and more frequently and twice the car has actually died completely and i couldnt turn it over.

both times thats happened ive jumped the car and it started right away and didnt have the problem as i drove home. i also brought the car to autozone and they tested it and i saw that the battery charges at 13.8 and the alt charges at 14.2.

but today when it happened again i checked to see the resting voltage and charging of the battery. when i shut the car off, i turned the lights on and the battery quickly dropped from 13.8 to 13.2. then went down to 12.4 in a matter of 1 1/2 minutes.

Im assuming i need a new battery but i feel like thats not the only issue? any help is appriciated.

What kind of car?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Check for belt slippage and have the alt tested.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

2003 honda accord 2.4l inline 4. 265,000 miles on the original alt.

autozone did test the alt and at the time it was charging the battery. but its a on and off problem so idk if it always does...

the belt is brand new and doesnt squeek so im assuming its not slipping. ill look into that more.

i was thinking maybe it could be a loose ground on the frame coming off of the battery or alt? im going to need to look into that more.

im going to bring it to a shop this week to swap the tires so ill ask them about it and see if they have any ideas.

Bad tension pulley maybe.

if it ends up being your alt get a ho alt and wall it lol. Jk jk...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

im hoping its not an exspencive fix... but autozone has an oem alt thats 110 amps for $180.... not sure if i trust it though. but would be a small upgrade if i ever look into a future build.

Id love a wall haha but i just dont have the money or experience for one. plus my dad doesnt want me to completely trash the car. its technically still his haha

Cars are an endless wallet drain. Like my car for instance, needs oil change, air filter, dampers, front brake pads, fog light bulbs and one fog light housing, tires and a clutch. But it has 170k miles on it so its expected.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived