holdterry Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 I wondered if the tuning matters much on 18 below 35 Hz, believe tuning as is would be just under 34 Hz, or 9f we try to fit a little more box maybe might get in the area of 32-33 Hz but that little bit of change really affect sound much as be heard, a 18 should hit low, seems if I remember lower tuning the sub's output goes down some but then I cannot remember how far below the tuning frequency does the sub still play and stay stable, have a sub sonic filter and around 2,000 watts. Actually box was 6.5 cu ft after displacement close to 6 cu ft with ports. 6.85 gross tuning drop just under 33 Hz. Doubt if much difference in sound would be heard but figure I would ask. Would tuning this sub lower help it reach 30 Hz as I am not sure if there is much musical below that. Manufacturer even suggestions to keep the tuning around the 32 Hz range for a daily. I am not listing car because it will not be in the same car next year, box we decided to forget the 4 6" aeros and do 2 6" aeros all the other just make the project more difficult self defeating it. 1 8" port well 2 6" aeros should have more port area which guess everyone on here is always pushing, but the sub should put out enough as is just because of what it is. Q well, we choice the one we felt was more durable and still from what I heard sound OK to me separates and EQ adjustments should help if any issues. I am working on this with other party who was for some reason told not to go by the advice here maybe because the push always for a large port area, have had descent sound and output for our needs with aero ports and a lot easier for me to extend or shorten tube then slotted. Especially since we already had ports laying around accept the need for new 12" tube for 6" aero. Aaron was person that said not to listen to info on here, if that mattered like opinions and as. holes we all got one some just smell more then others :-) .
Joe X Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 With all that said I can't gather any infos that would help: Have you built something yet that didn't work? what vehicle is it? what amp do you have? what music do you listen to? What are the max dimensions you have for the box and what dimensions have you planned or considered? And man keep those posts factual and short, are a pain to read like that.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.