Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommendations for FI Q Series for Odd Shape Enclosure


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

I'm looking for some suggestions as to a couple different options I have in regards to using 2 FI Audio Q Series Woofers. My vehicle is a 1992 Camaro. I've already built the enclosure that will house the woofers. The enclosure was built using MDF and Fiberglass and is 3.85cuft gross. I've built the enclosure to be as large as possible being that the space is rather limited in the rear well of a thirdgen Camaro. I figured I could always fill the enclosure in with something to make it smaller if needed, but I'm not sure what that would be yet. I figured I'd cross that bridge when/if I need to. I'm looking for recommendations of whether I should go with 10'' or 12'' woofers and whether it's possible to go ported rather than sealed. I'd love to go 12'' Ported, but I may not have enough enclosure volume for that.

I haven't ordered the woofers yet, but would like to order them early this week based on feedback from this post. I think I've included all necessary information to describe my setup and desired results, but if I haven't, please let me know if there's additional information needed. For convienence, I've included the specs for the woofers at the bottom of this post. I would really appreciate all the feedback I can get. Thanks in advance.

Goal: Tight/Loud Bass for a variety of music, such as Rock, Rap etc

Tuning if ported: 32Hz Preferred

Woofers: Two FI Audio Q10 or Q12 depending on recommendations from this post

Enclosure Specs

Total Volume: 3.85cuft (odd shaped, see pictures), volume measured using packing peanuts method

Volume after Woofer displacement: Using Q10 – 3.61cuft, Using Q12 – 3.53cuft

Top Half: 1.5’’ MDF (0.75’’ Doubled Up), Attached to vehicle via angle iron welded to car

Bottom Half: Fiberglass

Basic Woofer Specs (more detailed specs at bottom of this post)

Q10 Recommended Enclosure: Ported box: .5-1.2 cuft @ 28-33Hz, Sealed box: .2-.5 cuft HighQTS

Q10 Woofer Displacement: 0.12cuft

Q12 Recommended Enclosure: Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 28-33Hz, Sealed box: .8-1.5 cuft HighQTS

Q12 Woofer Displacement: 0.16cuft

Amplifier

Rockford T2500.1BDCP

Pictures of Setup

Vehicle - 1992 Camaro

1.jpg

Welded angle iron that MDF attaches to for the top part of the enclosure

2.jpg

Start of MDF Fabrication

3.jpg

MDF Sides (The bottom portion of the well is now fiberglassed, but unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of that)

4.jpg

Enclosure with Top

5.jpg

Complete FI Audio Q Series Woofer Specification

FI Audio Q10 Specs
DUAL 1 | DUAL 2
Fs: 34.1 Hz | 34.0 Hz
Re: 0.70 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil
Qms: 7.31 | 7.38
Qes: .37 | .37
Qts: .36 | .36
Mms: 230g | 2235g
Cms: .88mm/N | .88mm/N
Sd: 310cm^2 | 310cm^2
Vas: 11.8 l | 11.8 l
Spl: 83.3dB 1W/1m | 83.2dB 1W/1m
Bl: 13.9 N/A | 19.6 N/A
Xmax: 28mm
Rms: 1500W
Sealed box: .2-.5 cuft HQTS
Ported box: .5-1.2 cuft @ 28-33Hz
Sub OD: 11.000”
Cut ID: 9.250”
Mounting depth: 6.500”
Displacement: 0.12cuft
FI Audio Q12 Specs
DUAL 1 | DUAL 2
Fs: 34.2 Hz | 33.9 Hz
Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil
Qms: 7.63 | 7.69
Qes: .39 | .39
Qts: .37 | .37
Mms: 249g | 253g
Cms: 0.87mm/N | 0.87mm/N
Sd: 481cm^2 | 481cm^2
Vas: 28.3 l | 28.3 l
Spl: 86.5dB 1W/1m | 86.3dB 1W/1m
Bl: 13.9 N/A | 19.65 N/A
Xmax: 28mm
Rms: 1500W
Sealed box: .8-1.5 High QTScuft
Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 28-33Hz
Sub OD: 12.500”
Cut ID: 11.125”
Mounting depth: 7.000”
Posted

Agreed I am tuned in waiting to hear also.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...