R&e_tacoma Posted April 30, 2014 Report Posted April 30, 2014 Hi this is my first post as a member on SMD. I have a 96 tacoma xtra cab and I have a R&e audio mx 18. The amp I have to power my mx 18 is a hifonics brx2400.1d. The mx18 is dual 2 ohm which I will wire to 1ohm. I'm guess I will have to go with a wedge style box for my enclosure. I'm in between a slot or aero port style box... So if anyone can help or throw around some ideas I would greatly appreciate all replies. Thanks
SMF93 Posted April 30, 2014 Report Posted April 30, 2014 What are the maximum dimensions you are willing to give up for the enclosure ?
R&e_tacoma Posted April 30, 2014 Author Report Posted April 30, 2014 Top d 20" Bottom d 24" Width 48" Tall 32" I willing to go taller but the cab gets more narrow the higher you go
R&e_tacoma Posted April 30, 2014 Author Report Posted April 30, 2014 This is to give you an idea the back hump in the floor I'm taking out so it will be flat. The speaker box is from previous owner it's coming out. Middle hump will stay it's not removable....
R&e_tacoma Posted May 1, 2014 Author Report Posted May 1, 2014 The book that came with the sub says 7.0 + PD tuned at 34 hz. I'm thinking about doing a down fire box like whats in the truck but I would have to figure out best place to put the port....
Joe X Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 If you are looking at different ideas, here's another one, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, figure is just an assembly guide:
R&e_tacoma Posted May 2, 2014 Author Report Posted May 2, 2014 This may be a dumb question but I also have a 10 type r would it be smart to run that to to catch the bass that the 18 will not hit?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.