Kylemay1 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 Ok this box idea is a little tricky for me since ive never done one quite like this i was looking for some opinions on this matter first. I got a single sundown e-10 dual 4 ohm i wanna put under the seat of my 99 silverado extended cab. But instead of sealed i wanted to try ported. Sundown recommends 1.0 to 1.25 of air space for a ported box for this sub. I was gonna use one of the empty spaces under my seat for the majority of the box and extend the box over the little hump in the middle to gain that extra air space. Put sub firing up with aero port facing passenger side. Not sure what size port i need to get tuning to 35 hertz. Any ideas or pros and cons on this method? Think it will work efficiently and get more from it this was than using a sealed box?
timc31610 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 If you can pull off the airspace I think you should get better response out of ported. You can use the calculator on this site to size your port. http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com/HowTo-1Woofer-Box-CAL%20Port%20lenth%201.htm My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Kylemay1 Posted May 1, 2014 Author Report Posted May 1, 2014 Yea i think its gonna be a miracle to just get around 1.0 cube aftet port displacement and sub displacement. Gotta do some measuring this weekend when im off but im feeling confident lol
timc31610 Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 I have an F150 4 door, I imagine space is similar. I was able to squeeze 1.3 after sub and port. I think you can pull it off. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Kylemay1 Posted May 2, 2014 Author Report Posted May 2, 2014 And with getting that 1.3 cubic feet did you build your box the way i described above?
timc31610 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 I did, for an older 10w6v1. It sounded better than the JL stealthbox I had before. Be sure that the area (h x d) of the peice that goes over the hump is greater than the area of your port, if not it will act strange with a peak before and after tuning with a pretty big dip in the middle. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.