Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sealed to Ported, is it possible?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, per the torres calculator the port volume should be 0.32 cuft for a 2.0 cuft box and tuned to 35 hz. Does that sound about right?

Without the actual dimensions of the box it's all speculation. I would give no less than 2 3" flared aeros to a SA-12.

I think a few more pics of the box could be helpful along with some measurements. Were are you planning on putting the ports? Also once you install the ports it changes your net airspace which may throw your tuning off some because you won't be tuning a 2cf box, it will be smaller because of the port displacement.

Edit: I was not completely awake.

Thanks for your help, I think we are just going to keep it as is.

Posted

Invert the sub and do an external port. Then you have your 2cuft ported for a 12.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...