jarredondo1999 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 I built this stealthbox for a friend of mine. It was for a honda crosstour which at the time, he was using a 12" Dayton Audio sub, which required 2.0 cuft sealed enclosure with polyfill. Here is a pic of the box. I used packing peanuts to come up with the 2.0 cuft. Now, he sold that Dayton Audio sub and now has a Sundown X and wants to go ported. Is it possible to do a cylinder port to this stealthbox? If i remember correctly, the depth of this box was like 11.25.
timc31610 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 I think you will need more net space and the port would have to be external. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
timc31610 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 Very nice looking box though! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
jarredondo1999 Posted May 2, 2014 Author Report Posted May 2, 2014 I think you will need more net space and the port would have to be external. Very nice looking box though! Thanks, maybe he can downsize to an SA12?
timc31610 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 Thats a good possibility, did you calculate port displacement yet? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
jarredondo1999 Posted May 2, 2014 Author Report Posted May 2, 2014 I am going to do it now with that SA12 since it requires 1.5-2.0 cuft ported, per the website.
jarredondo1999 Posted May 2, 2014 Author Report Posted May 2, 2014 Okay, per the torres calculator the port volume should be 0.32 cuft for a 2.0 cuft box and tuned to 35 hz. Does that sound about right?
timc31610 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 What size port? 4"? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Joe X Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 Okay, per the torres calculator the port volume should be 0.32 cuft for a 2.0 cuft box and tuned to 35 hz. Does that sound about right? Without the actual dimensions of the box it's all speculation. I would give no less than 2 3" flared aeros to a SA-12.
timc31610 Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 I think a few more pics of the box could be helpful along with some measurements. Were are you planning on putting the ports? Also once you install the ports it changes your net airspace which may throw your tuning off some because you won't be tuning a 2cf box, it will be smaller because of the port displacement. Edit: I was not completely awake. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.