Sonic Electronix

Have 2 subs but they move opposite of eachother

Good, then you just have a wiring issue.

Just positive to positive, negative to negative. It's as simple as that.

thats the thing lol thats how they are wired, could it be one is looser than the other one and moves more and causes it to be out of sync?

Subs - Dual RE Audio SXX v2 15D4 wired at 1 ohm

Door Speakers - RE REX 5x7/6x9

Battery - Kinetik HC 2000

Sub Amp - Crescendo BC2000

Door Amp - Alpine MRP-F300
Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-X8600BS

is it that big of a deal tho i mean will it hurt the other sub in the future if it is moving out of sync a little bit? could my box have a leak on one side causing the sub to get a diff amount of air should i just focus on getting a custom box and see if that fixes it because the problem is mainly in the lower notes that move my subs more

Leaky box could definitely be the culprit. They don't even use glue a lot of times on those prefabs, maybe ever. Just caulk out silicone in the seams to make them "airtight".

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Leaky box could definitely be the culprit. They don't even use glue a lot of times on those prefabs, maybe ever. Just caulk out silicone in the seams to make them "airtight".

ok ill do that as a temporary thing until i get a custom box, i have a quote from january from DL Designz for $250 shipped, is that a good price? my 2 subs in a box tuned around 30-34 hz

That's a good price if it's a great box, yes.

lol well how do i know if its a great box, materials?

says on his site hes been professionally making boxes since 2003, and im looking through his gallery and some of his boxes are really complex

If you have the tools you can build your own.

you can actually get home depot it lowes to cut the wood then all you have to do is put it together.

some customs cabinet shops might build it for you if you give them the design. Could be cheaper due to no shipping.

just some ideas.

now you said could the issue be that one sub is stiffer then the other?

yes, one being stiffer would cause it to move less where the looser sub would move more.

are both subs of the same age? If not unhook the older sub and let the new sub play on its own for a week or so to loosen it up.

have you checked to see if its a mislabeled terminal on the subs? If not do it asap because that could still be the issue.

as for prefabs, I've had 2 12s on 1500watts rms in a prefab. When I went to take the subs out to put them into a built box the baffle (front where subs mount) was pulling up a little. I cut the carpet and the baffle came off with ease. It was even broken into 2 separate pieces. Box looked a lot like yours. Was stapled and slight amount of glue with caulking.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

After reading all of this,and coming in.late. i really think your problem is the box. a prefab tuned to 40hz will not have much if any Low end output. if it sounds great from 40-70hz and really bad with anything below... it's your box! leak or not it's your box.

I'm curious to see just how much the subs are moving opposite of one another tho. i think your simply playing below tunning and subs are seeing "free air" like conditions and your losing cone control. you can build a nice box for like $60 for $35 you can get a sheet of mdf that will be enough for your box, a amp rack and anything else you may want to build.

screws and glue are cheap. then some paint.

is there anyway you can post a vid of the subs playing? i really think the box is just well a prefab!

oh id love to have a few .. um words with your audio storeguy!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff