Sonic Electronix

Have 2 subs but they move opposite of eachother

yea its becoming more clear it may just be my box, i completely went over my system this morning, pop tested the speakers and they are correct, wiring is back to normal again, both subs are correct ohms, redid my ground, as i was doing all that i could feel the edges of my box and i can push slightly and hear cracking under the carpet and i dont think thats supposed to happen

i live in a 2 room apt with 2 other people so i have no room to store the tools i would need to make a box quality enough for me, plus i havent a clue on how to start making one

its hard to try and get a video of the subs playing because my phone cant record and play music at the same time(iphone 5) unless theres an app i cant find, the subs are the same age too

ill look around for custom cabinet shops here and see what i can find

Subs - Dual RE Audio SXX v2 15D4 wired at 1 ohm

Door Speakers - RE REX 5x7/6x9

Battery - Kinetik HC 2000

Sub Amp - Crescendo BC2000

Door Amp - Alpine MRP-F300
Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-X8600BS

don't have fm? Any song would do.

but some people say no don't but so far I've done it twice with great results. if you go to home depot and buy a sheet a mdf they will make the cuts for you. the thing with that is try and get a younger kid to do it for you. old guys Hate bass so they May just throw threw the saw on you. both times i had them make the big cuts. because one its allot easier to transport the Wood like that. and two i was by my self and running a full sheet of mdf across my table saw by yourself is just plain dangerous! it's free to.

if you post in the subwoofer section someone would be happy to help you with a box design

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

don't have fm? Any song would do.

but some people say no don't but so far I've done it twice with great results. if you go to home depot and buy a sheet a mdf they will make the cuts for you. the thing with that is try and get a younger kid to do it for you. old guys Hate bass so they May just throw threw the saw on you. both times i had them make the big cuts. because one its allot easier to transport the Wood like that. and two i was by my self and running a full sheet of mdf across my table saw by yourself is just plain dangerous! it's free to.

if you post in the subwoofer section someone would be happy to help you with a box design

i found an app called jamcam for iphones it plays music while recording i can try that, and in the subwoofer section can i ask if someone could just build me the box too? starting tomorrow i got mandatory 10 hour days and just wont have time to make one myself because of everything else i need to do in a day, id also need to find a location where i can safely work on it because i no longer do it near my apt complex

Ill bet its your eyes

and your fine...

:shrug: If they both act the same with the POP test (using a 9v bat or what have you) then, .... maybe the enclosure isnt acting nice with one. One is closer to port, or some shit..

BUT, i really doubt its THAT big of a deal.. :shrug:

EDIT - is there a vid for this?

Ill bet its your eyes

and your fine...

:shrug: If they both act the same with the POP test (using a 9v bat or what have you) then, .... maybe the enclosure isnt acting nice with one. One is closer to port, or some shit..

BUT, i really doubt its THAT big of a deal.. :shrug:

EDIT - is there a vid for this?

no vid yet but if my phone would do me justice ill try and get one

Most of the time.. ALL vids of subs moving look out of timing... it may lead your wrong.

If you pop tested the subs,then,.. its either your tripping, or the box isnt playing nice.

What i would do is hook one up wrong, on purpose, and if it is noticable, volume wise, then, your ok.

(if anyone has suggested this, or whatever im sorry, im not reading back 5 pages for "drivers moving different" im sorry)

Your enclosure, if its some quasi 11th order type odd ball, or, one driver unloading diff from the other due to location,... is possible.

But with your set up, id not even worrry...... If you phase one on purpose away from the other and you improve, then, id start the questions.

Ill bet its fine, and your eyes cant keep up.

Dude.. play 20hz. at 1/4 vol. and see if they are moving the same...... Hell play 10hz.... youll see then.

Just be safe.

ddm is thew best and almost most important tool you can purchase when working on any audio or car electrical for that matter. Definitely invest in one when you get some cash. One tool i always do to confirm my wiring is this pretty sweet wiring chart

you just fill out what you got in the drop downs and it shows you multiple combos to achieve certain impedance.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

if you were close to me and if i new My box would fit in you car(what car is it?) id sell you my box cheap! it's about 6ft gross tuned to 30hz i built it

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Most of the time.. ALL vids of subs moving look out of timing... it may lead your wrong.

If you pop tested the subs,then,.. its either your tripping, or the box isnt playing nice.

What i would do is hook one up wrong, on purpose, and if it is noticable, volume wise, then, your ok.

(if anyone has suggested this, or whatever im sorry, im not reading back 5 pages for "drivers moving different" im sorry)

Your enclosure, if its some quasi 11th order type odd ball, or, one driver unloading diff from the other due to location,... is possible.

But with your set up, id not even worrry...... If you phase one on purpose away from the other and you improve, then, id start the questions.

Ill bet its fine, and your eyes cant keep up.

Dude.. play 20hz. at 1/4 vol. and see if they are moving the same...... Hell play 10hz.... youll see then.

Just be safe.

idk if id be tripping im not on anything, my box does feel like its falling apart tho, i did hook them up wrong on purpose and they got extra quiet and dirty

Archived