Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

(2) Type R 12" Enclosure Help. Joe X? :)


REH

Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to ask for some help if possible.

I'm having trouble coming up with an easy to build design for (2) Type R (1222d's) in my Grand Cherokee (WJ). for behind the rear seat.

Max width is 40".

Height I'd like to stick to around 16" or under if possible. However you think the sub/port direction is best.

Probably going to put 1.5-2k rms to it.

I think i want to be tuned for more of hip-hop, which I think 32 seems to be the trend with Type R's? I may be wrong though.

From what I have been told, the Type R's seem to like 1.7-2.0 cubes?

I don't have the best equipment to build with, basically circular/jig saw. So that is why I'm asking for a simple design on the port that will still sound clean.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

Posted

Here is a couple of suggestions, dismiss any 45s or braces, just round the port inner edges, power to 1.5KW, both are viable options:

swr1222_1.jpg

TportSUPBSB.jpg

swr1222_2.jpg

2x12PFSFaltassmbly.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3181 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...