Sundown Audio

Smilies cuts off.. Sub problem?

AASMDBASS

OP still hasn't answered if the amp is going into protect or if its just shutting off altogether.

Cant do the testing at my house due to pissing off the neighbors so I'll do it ASAP... Can you give me insight as to what the problem could be with either scenario (protect, or shutting off completely)?... And how exactly would I know if it's in protect, or shut off completely?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

OP still hasn't answered if the amp is going into protect or if its just shutting off altogether.

Cant do the testing at my house due to pissing off the neighbors so I'll do it ASAP... Can you give me insight as to what the problem could be with either scenario (protect, or shutting off completely)?... And how exactly would I know if it's in protect, or shut off completely?

Theres a little light on the amp that says protect or protect mode. and if it goes into protect mode that light will be lit. and if the amp just shuts off completly no light will be lit up on the amp

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Ok, I can CONFIRM that the amp is going into protect... What does this mean in relation to my problem?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

I wanna say most likely the gain is to high. Even if your gain is only half way it can still be to high. You need to match the output of your deck to the output of the amp so there is no clipping. Steve meade has the tool to do this and works great. But in the mean time try putting the gain to 1/4 up instead of halfway and see if the amp still goes into protect mode. It may not sound as loud, but to know your not clipping is a big relief especially when you have expensive equipment cause clipping can take a big toll on it.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

easy way to test for clipping. theres a red light on the wired knob that comes with all audioque amps. if its solid red, you're probably clipping.

What about the other issue that is cause the sub to go crazy at times... I've checked the coils on the sub they are good...

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

What about the other issue that is cause the sub to go crazy at times... I've checked the coils on the sub they are good...

I don't trust that light for 1 second... I've had that light come on when at a low volume with the knob all the way down... Also, Audioque knobs go bad... A lot... I've replaced mine 3 times and 2 times on the 2200 I had

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Lose wire from sub to the amp could be it.. Im thinking there a loose wire somewhere thats arching and causing a short burst of power making the sub go crazy.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

It could also be your electrical

From where are you seeing your voltage?

Have a Stinger volt meter that is calibrated... I just checked that again 10 minutes ago, at the amp

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Archived