Sundown Audio

Smilies cuts off.. Sub problem?

AASMDBASS

I turned the gain down about a quarter turn and the amp stayed on... Sub played through the low notes but it sounded terrible

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

What about the other issue that is cause the sub to go crazy at times... I've checked the coils on the sub they are good...

I don't trust that light for 1 second... I've had that light come on when at a low volume with the knob all the way down... Also, Audioque knobs go bad... A lot... I've replaced mine 3 times and 2 times on the 2200 I had

yes i'm aware. i've replaced mine already.

my clip light wasn't very accurate. oscope showed clean while red light was solid on.

I turned the gain down about a quarter turn and the amp stayed on... Sub played through the low notes but it sounded terrible

maybe your box isn't good.

From my experiences stinger sucks but that isn't the issue. How is your ground to the amp? Do you have pics?

Unfortunately I don't...I had it all hooked up at a local place that is very good... The box design I had, has the amp "inside" the front of the box with the wires running through the box in the concealed amp area, under my third row seating area

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Yeah i think your volts are going lower than u think. The Stinger volt meter is digital and cannot read your volts as fast as the analog one steve meade has.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Yeah i think your volts are going lower than u think. The Stinger volt meter is digital and cannot read your volts as fast as the digital one steve meade has.

I'm checking at the amp as well while it's playing and the Stinger voltmeter is spot on my fluke meter reading

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Do you know where the ground is going?

Grounds from front battery, 4 channel, and sub amp are all on the rear battery (XS Power D3100) and from there, have a metal bar running to the frame of the 3rd row seats mounting bracket it appears... Solid connection it seems...

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

well at least you found out why the amp was going into protect mode. Now for the tuning side of it go around 5hz lower than your box tuning for the subsonic and have your low pass at around 80hz if you want.. some ppl do more and some dont. You might need to build a new box also. Did you build this one to the subs specs or is it prefab?

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior