Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need ideal box design for dc audio 15" level 4 m2 d2 please


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello kind of new to the fourms. If anyone can help me out for the perfect box setup preferably ported I would greatly appreciate it. Also what battery for the trunk would you recommend? Going to do this rite the first time.

I'm going to be running a single DC audio 15 level 4 m2 dual 2 ohm running at 1 ohm off a Rockford db1500cp birthsheet is 1959 rms at 1 ohm.

This set up is going in a trunk of a Lincoln mkz.

I can 100% fit 16" tall 34" wide 25" deep for dimensions.

If anyone is wiling to help It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Posted

Could be done like this, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 4", need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit before considering building:

1dcl415.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Posted

The specs I posted will 100% fit that was my old box dimensions for 2 Rockford t0 12's and it fit, Just a heads up. You honestly think 1" thick mdf is necessary for a single 15 on 1500~ watts? I'm just looking for a simple solid box design that will get loud for this combo of sub and amp. No way to get away with non L shaped port?

You also don't think I could run more than rated rms to this level 4? with solid power supply?

Rusty at DC said 3.25 net tuned at 35Hz should do well. Also said .75 thickness should be fine. What's your opinion on that?

Posted

No you won't need 1" wood, I gave you the double layer baffle so that it's strong enough, you can, if you want to use cross braces though, 1 1/4" diameter would be more than enough, also, the 0.25 cubes above the stock recommendation is minimal difference, you should, as stated use your subsonic filter to keep the sub within it's linear excursion limits when playing low tuned music, again 0.75 wood is fine, I added the double layer baffle to further help, You need to build the box correctly, that's really important. Furthermore I can change the net or any other thing if you feel uncomfortable but it's not necessary.

Posted

If possible can you do the build diagram with specs on port and everything like labeled its 4" all the way through the L shape? It will be easier to have cut and put together. What would u recommend in between the sandwiching of the box? Any glue or anything?

And what battery would you recommend for this setup in the trunk? And any clue if this sub will handle this amps potential in a DD?

I hope it will get as loud or louder as my junk last setup. Hifonics Brutus 1600 on 2 Rockford t0 12's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...