Jump to content

head unit power loss**


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is a really random problem I never heard of so I hope you guys can help. Anyway I have a single din sony head unit in a double din slot but A my volume gets stuck as in when I move the knob it doesnt do anything so I need to take it off ... power it up just to change volume. Secondly when im driving itll randomly shut off if I go down a steep hill or pick up speed rapidly. I have no idea what the solution could be besides resecure wires which I already did

Posted

The turning on and off sounds like a grounding issue or a bad connection. The volume issue sounds like a bad deck. They could be the same problem, just a bad unit. But test all your connections and make sure you're grounded properly before going and buying a new deck.

Posted

Possible Faceplate issues . if its a detachable face try another FP or another HU to see if the same thing happens.

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1034 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...