Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fi BTL triple slug 18" opinions please


ParDeus

Recommended Posts

Posted

It looks like I might trade my hybrids for 2 btl 18" triple slugs. These are the first gen, fully loaded, 8 layer coils. They have a bit of tinsel slap issues, but that's ok.

Will they be ok on music? I know Fi says the SPL option sucks for music, and tbh, I don't know if "fully loaded" includes that. The guy who has them says that he thinks there was no spl option, initially.

I really value my sq, and I know these aren't the best choice for that. Hopefully, it'll be so damn loud, that it doesn't matter?

Can I get a good, wide bandwidth out of these? Supposedly, these are impossible to model accurately. Box is built, 11 cubes or so, 3-8" aeroports, tuned to 35hz. Cap the middle port, and it drops to 29hz.

Posted

how much power ?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Posted

Lol, 1000w because that is enough. Seriously though, about 3k in a few days. They're hooked up, and I need a better hairtrick subject than my gay cousin Cooter's mullet.

I like what I've heard from them so far. In an extended cab Tundra btw. I lookmlike an old Aisian woman, with regards to how close I have to sit to the wheel.

Wall next weekend.

And the moon by the end of the decade!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3136 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...