Sundown Audio

Which amp to get?!

Seth Touchet

Just bought 2 obsidian 15 v3 d2's and i need a good amp that wont drain my electrical system... Theyre gna be in a 7 cubed ported box in a 99 extended cab gmc with a external port at 34 hz... I dnt really have a lot of money to spend... Mabye 300-400 bucks and i still have to do my big 3 upgrade and run all my 1/0 wires

D4's would of let you run at 1 ohm, w/ Dual 2's you are going to have less options.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Sound qubed 2200 should put out a little over 1000 watts at 2 ohms. It's a little over your budget but will leave you room when you want to upgrade subs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Kicker amps will do full power @ 2 ohms. You are going to pay alot more for an amp that will put out at 2 ohms. If you plan on running @ .5 make sure you know what you are doing.

I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I'm sure if you contacted Jacob by phone first thing tomorrow he would change the order for you. Unless the order is already shipped, then you are stuck.

oh lawd.

The PPI 1800 is rated to put out 1100 watts @ 2 ohms. It's really up to you and what you are looking for out of your set up.

oh lawd.

Anything better than 2 old school kicker comps with a crappy sealed box on my back seat connected to a 750 watt pioneer amp with stock electrical lol... I mean i dnt plan on doing hair tricks or anything like that but i dnt need super crisp sound quality. Kinda in the middle of spl and sq

Archived