Sonic Electronix

I used to own (3) 12" JL W3v3s powered by (1) MTX 7801 Amp and ran them @ 900 watts in a custom box tuned to 36 hz in a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I want to do (2) 12" FI BL's.

I am kind of hesistant because my JL's were extremely loud and I don't want to buy something that is going to be less loud just because thats not my style and I couldn't stand paying so much money and then they turn out to be less loud...

My question is do you fellas think that the (2) 12" BL's, each powered by it's own MTX Elite TE1501d @ 2 ohms (around 1300 watts or more most likely per sub) be as loud or louder as the (3) JL's???

I have heard that FI's get extremely loud, but I need opinions. They will be put into a custom box tuned to 32 hz around 2.5 cubes per sub. Most likely installed into a 2003-2004 Honda Accord Coupe.

Thanks in advance fellas. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

lol, i love mtx amps, my 500d pushed 775 watts @2ohm :lol: , and ive seen that 1501d push right at 2000 watts at 2ohm at 14.4v with propper power, my buddy put 2 1501d's on 4 mtx 8500 1504's ina toyota camery and that bitch slammed :huh: , i say one of those 1501's will be plenty but overkill ftw :D , im lookin twards one or new 9208 or somethin for my mtx 8000's, i need somethin that will push around 1000watts @2ohm with minamal current draw, let me kno how that new 1501 is gunna do and i might pick one up, i was gunna get an older one but those dont have fans in em n i like fans to keep my ish cool and i wanna do a matching set of amps like i did wit my memphis's, good luck wit the system and hope all goes well for ya homie B)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

lol, i love mtx amps, my 500d pushed 775 watts @2ohm :lol: , and ive seen that 1501d push right at 2000 watts at 2ohm at 14.4v with propper power, my buddy put 2 1501d's on 4 mtx 8500 1504's ina toyota camery and that bitch slammed :huh: , i say one of those 1501's will be plenty but overkill ftw :D , im lookin twards one or new 9208 or somethin for my mtx 8000's, i need somethin that will push around 1000watts @2ohm with minamal current draw, let me kno how that new 1501 is gunna do and i might pick one up, i was gunna get an older one but those dont have fans in em n i like fans to keep my ish cool and i wanna do a matching set of amps like i did wit my memphis's, good luck wit the system and hope all goes well for ya homie B)

yea man i love mtx amps b/c of the dual cooling fans and they are always underrated. I cant wait to get this underway.... it is going to be a little while, but I am going to try and be patient. I don't want to spend money and find out that I could have gotten something better for just a little more money. I am going to go with these amps for sure...

As for the subs are concerned....its either going to be (2) FI BL 12's or (2) FI BL 15's.... I would like to go with the 15's because they are going to give me alot more output and can probably take a little more watts, but I am worried about space... I'm thinking to change my mind on my car choice again though....

I was looking for a 2003-2004 Honda Accord Coupe, but now looking for something like a 2001-2002 Accord Coupe because the trunk size in these things are a lot bigger and it seems that I will be able to get a bigger box in the 2001-2002 which would probably allow me to get (2) 15's in there...... Check out the pictures and they will explain themselves....

2005 Honda Accord Coupe Trunk.....

HondaAccordCoupe2005.jpg

2002 Honda Accord Coupe Trunk.....

HondaAccordCoupe2002.jpg

Let me know what you think fellas......

From looking at your car I would try out some 15" Qs with BP power sealed. My trunk is larger than yours and I am starving my BLs for airspace, and since you won't be giving the ton of power to them, they won't get as loud as potentially they could be. Really hard to say becuase going from a open area to a trunk decrease dBs a lot. I would think it would be louder though.

From looking at your car I would try out some 15" Qs with BP power sealed. My trunk is larger than yours and I am starving my BLs for airspace, and since you won't be giving the ton of power to them, they won't get as loud as potentially they could be. Really hard to say becuase going from a open area to a trunk decrease dBs a lot. I would think it would be louder though.

They are going to be powered by their own MTX 1501d. They will have more than enough power and then some.

As soon as I get the car I am going to get some measurements and fill you fellas in....

But I already do have 2 plans for the box......(2002 Accord Coupe)

One would be subs up, port back (don't say trunk cars don't sound good that way, because I did an install in one of my friend's 2000 civics who moved away w/ JL W3V2 15's like that and it absolutely pounded)

If I decide to do it this way I would most likely make the box 14" tall (give or take) x 30" wide (give or take) x 35" deep (give or take) = ~6.91 cubic feet before bracing

And if someway the 15's will fit subs back, port back....

I am thinking to make the box 16.5" tall x 30"wide (give or take) x 30" deep (give or take) = ~7.05 cubic feet before bracing.

I am going to be constructing the box out of 3/4" MDF with plenty of bracing inside..

Opinions??