Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Hatch back Port Direction


Cj Kumz

Recommended Posts

Posted

What's up people. Ok I gat a little debate going on here. I can't decide which way to face the port. I have got quite a small boot so I can't do the sub up and port back thing. My choices are firing the port up or forward (towards the cabin). When firing towards the cabin I have to drop the back seats of course. Oh and with port up I'll only have 8 inches frm the roof (I'm using an 8 inch port). Has anyone ever tried port forward in a hatch with backseat dropped??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

I don't think port toward would be a good choice.

most hatchbacks do best sub up and port

1. To driver side

2. Port back

3. Port up

option 2 and 3 are on par with each other but I've gained .6+ db turning box to face port and sub up rather then port and sub back.

some say aero ports can have less then port diameter in clearance special if it has a good flare. I haven't tried it myself yet though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Ok will give that a try. Lemme test sub up port up. Wish we had space to do sub up port back :( . I hear it works well in hatchbacks.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Ait cool. Yah the results are quite good. The bass is quite thick but no where near facing the port back. I have just tried port back,up and forward. Port back is the best in my car but that's with my box on the back seat lol :) . So I have just stuck to port up sub up cause of space.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

hi

can u post some pic?

IMG-20140501-00220_zps4ef085f7.jpg

IMG-20140414-00206_zpsba884257.jpg

IMG-20140414-00205_zps304ac400.jpg

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

nice box!

Thanks man. It's 5.5 cubes with 10 inch port tuned to 35 hz. :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...