My Frankensystem

Hey all i will be posting pics soon but here's the rundown my bedroom is 10 x 10 approximatly and in it I have a 1996 Onkyo 5.1 Running my mids and highs which are 2 Sony Towers with an 8" Midbass 1.75" midrange and .75" tweet in each and 2 Aiwa bookshelf boxes with 6" midbass and 2" horn in each. There getting around 80 watts a piece. I also have a 1984 Marantz 500 watt receiver for my bass. I have 2 12" Duals and a Jvc 10". RMS power is around 110 wpc at current impedance. There cross wired and i have a 15 band a side eq for a bass crossover with everythingg above 100hz turned off. I can hit about 120 db currently. My subs are cheap but the box was a pretty expensive build. Its tuned to 35 hz.Again pics soon. Comments or questions appreciated.

To be honest I'd put the Marantz on the mids/highs- 90% chance it's the better sounding receiver.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I was thinking the same thing. But the subs are so demanding they put the onkyo into protection mode the second i turned it up. Honestly though with the mids and hughs i have they sound good on pretty much anything. I actually had the sonys hooked up to my old 85 caddy's oem deck no amp and it rattled the mirrors lol

No problem. I've always had a thing for Marantz. My parents run Onkyo in their setup as well.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived