tayodell41 Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 I'm looking to get a box design for 2 12s in a ported box tuned to between 32-35 hz. I have two Shok Industries big shok motors on AQ baskets with a custom recone. They need about 2.5-3 cf per sub. I have attached a picture with the dimensions of my trunk along with a picture of the divider wall thing. My problem: that divider wall is only 12" high and 29" wide so the box will need some kind of lip or baffle on it so I can seal it off. Any help is appreciated.
OrionStang Posted May 19, 2014 Report Posted May 19, 2014 26" wide isn't enough baffle area for two 12s and a port. Id say build the box around 34" wide and push it way back in the trunk. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
tayodell41 Posted May 19, 2014 Author Report Posted May 19, 2014 26" wide isn't enough baffle area for two 12s and a port. Id say build the box around 34" wide and push it way back in the trunk. What I'm saying is to build it wider than 26" and put a lip on it and the lip will be pushed up against that wall and sealed.
Cj Kumz Posted May 19, 2014 Report Posted May 19, 2014 Just build it wider than 26'' and you will be fine. 26" wide isn't enough baffle area for two 12s and a port. Id say build the box around 34" wide and push it way back in the trunk. What I'm saying is to build it wider than 26" and put a lip on it and the lip will be pusheduo against that wall and sealed. Yah that will work. Go with that Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
tayodell41 Posted May 19, 2014 Author Report Posted May 19, 2014 Could anyone help me with a design for that?
Cj Kumz Posted May 19, 2014 Report Posted May 19, 2014 Could anyone help me with a design for that? Is the 12 inch height constant along the 'max width of the cabinet'. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
tayodell41 Posted May 19, 2014 Author Report Posted May 19, 2014 Anyone want to help with the design?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.