Went to the gun range on Wednesday. The pistols I liked the most/ that felt the best to me were a Glock 17, an S&W M&P, and a Taurus (I forget which model)

Taurus guns are hit or miss Glock gen3 reliable same with the smith. But check this out, if you get a Glock 23 which is 40cal... You can switch barrels and mags and shoot

9mm 357sig and still shoot 40, if it's your buddy I understand Glock nice pick or the smith the less you play with your buddy and put all kind of cool things on him . What I'm saying

is if it's a defensive gun don't go putting all kinds of trigger mods and shit like that. Lawyer talk.... good talk.

Also in Indiana here, way south of you though. To those wondering, you can get your license at 18 and carry but you can't purchase a firearm until 21. Which is where dad comes in usually. :drink40:

OP, I was in the same situation earlier this year. Ended up with the M&P9C and have no regrets other than I want the full size version of it now. Gander sometimes has them on sale for $500. My brother went with a Ruger LC9C, I'm a fan of both but prefer to shoot my Smith & Wesson but the Ruger can be had for $400 or less on a good day. I tried a few glocks including the Gen 4 26 which was the same size as most compacts, however I found myself favoring the grip on the M&P in the end. Whatever you get know the laws and carry it daily.

Only thing to know, the M&P compact can use the 12round mags it comes with as well as full size 17 rnd mags from fullsize. The 17 round mags can be found pretty easily but run around $30-40 and not required but have a grip extension that adds another $10. I haven't found a single 12 round mag for sale this year though, but it appears to be common for most big name guns right now. Also a 9mm is much more affordable to shoot, averaging .25-.30 a round for target ammo.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived