tayodell41 Posted May 19, 2014 Report Posted May 19, 2014 I will be buying 2 300 watt 8" pioneer shallow mount subs this Friday as a short term system while I save up for my bigger system. They are in a truck box right now but I would like to build a ported box for them to maximize their output. I would really appreciate a box design. .5-ish cubes per sub, I was thinking about tuning low, like 30 hz. I know Joe X and many others help people with designs, I just need a simple one please.
Joe X Posted May 19, 2014 Report Posted May 19, 2014 Ok post the subs, amp and vehicle exact models and max dims for a box.
tayodell41 Posted May 19, 2014 Author Report Posted May 19, 2014 Ok post the subs, amp and vehicle exact models and max dims for a box. They are two 8" 300 watt pioneer subs. I can't find them online, they are older, but I believe they are the older version of this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7069_Pioneer-TS-SW841D.html I am buying a gpv1000.2 amp with it. Its not the nicest stuff on earth but I'm getting it for cheap. Its going in a 2001 Toyota Camry,max dimensions are in the picture. Thanks.
Joe X Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Do you have the model for the specific subs you have? I may have their data, it is usually not a good idea to go by "similar" driver specs.
tayodell41 Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 Do you have the model for the specific subs you have? I may have their data, it is usually not a good idea to go by "similar" driver specs. I don't have the subs yet, I will try to get them from the seller.
Joe X Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 If you have to get them go ahead but Pioneer shallows are not that great to say the least, if you can go with something else you'd be far better off.
tayodell41 Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 If you have to get them go ahead but Pioneer shallows are not that great to say the least, if you can go with something else you'd be far better off. I lucked out, I found a great deal on two audiopipe 12s and an audiopipe 1000 watt 2 Channel amp for only $100
Joe X Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 If you take the deal let me know the models of those.
tayodell41 Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 If you take the deal let me know the models of those. Here's a picture of them, will find out the model soon. The amp is an AP 2002
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.