Ground wires

Ok so i have a question about grounds my current setup is 1/0 gauge wire from positive terminal on battery under the hood to positive terminal on a xs3400 in the trunk then another 1/0 gauge wire from negative terminal on battery under the hood to negative terminal on the batt in the trunk on the batt in the trunk i have duel ring terminals my amp is hooked directly to the 3400 ground and power. Now im wondering if my setup is ideal or should i put in a second ground to the battery in the trunk? i have a uni-body car but there is some thick metal in the bottom of the trunk that i could use for a ground if i wanted. The current setup works good but im wondering if there is room for improvement, here is a pic of what ive got. IMG_20140519_2003001_zps19cd1042.jpgIMG_20140519_2003051_zps8fbf481b.jpgIMG_20140519_2003181_zps0a118285.jpg and yes the black wire is my power wire i will explain why if anybody wants to know. :D

There should be a "Body" ground within 18 inches from EACH battery.

When I say 18 inches ... Meaning the length of those cables should be no longer than the maximum length of a battery.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

There should be a "Body" ground within 18 inches from EACH battery.

When I say 18 inches ... Meaning the length of those cables should be no longer than the maximum length of a battery.

noted and on to-do list for this weekend

Oh, and if you are (or plan to) run HID headlights, make sure to ground each ballast withing 18 inches of each ballast too.

Helps prevent motor noise (engine whine)

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Oh, and if you are (or plan to) run HID headlights, make sure to ground each ballast withing 18 inches of each ballast too.

Helps prevent motor noise (engine whine)

dont plan to just because i dont want the expense of the entire headlight assebly cuz my stock ones aint made for hid

im just gonna install bad-ass foglights someday :D

dont plan to just because i dont want the expense of the entire headlight assebly cuz my stock ones aint made for hid

im just gonna install bad-ass foglights someday :D

I use a die grinder to clean the body's metal before installing my grounds to the body.

Archived