Ok so the equipment is as follows: big 3 done with all 0 gauge cca 2 runs of 0 gauge cca to trunk one for ground one for hot , under the hood is optima yellow-top when you get to the trunk the main wire go to a xsD3400 and then from there to the amp. The amp: Hifonics Brx2400D powering a RE-AudioXXX12D2 , oops and btw im running this off a stock alt , its been doing fine so far. Mids and high are sony walmart speakers in the door and memphis 3.5s on the dash in a thing i made outta pvc pipe for them, looks like shit but sounds great and i will build something much better at some point, there are memphis 6x9s in the back dash but the sub beat them literally to death they are unhooked i just havn't uninstalled them yet. So im new to this thing but think i have done well so far, had a few problems here and there but have learned from the mistakes i made. Plans for the future: i plan on a serious update to my mids 6.5s for my doors and id like to figure out how to get some in the rears doors, some tweeters will find there way in there and i wanna run a second smaller amp for the 6.5s. For the power im doing really good but wanna get a singer HO alt for under the hood then a volt meter for the dash, just for looks lol. Then last but not least SOUND DAMPENING i need some bad! sounds great in the car but outside? not so much. Anyways here are some pics of my build so far and a short video, oh and in the video the weird sound that you hear when the sub hits is a fan thats mounted under the amp, yes i know it sounds like shit but meh i cant hear it from inside the car. :PIMG_20140519_2004351_zpse598662c.jpgIMG_20140519_2003381_zps9fbfe308.jpgIMG_20140519_2003251_zps15c3aed3.jpgIMG_20140519_2003181_zps0a118285.jpgIMG_20140519_2003131_zps4f959d66.jpgIMG_20140519_2003131_zps4f959d66.jpgIMG_20140519_2003131_zps4f959d66.jpgth_video-2014-05-20_20-03-521_zps866911d yes i am aware that it sounded like shit when i shut the trunk lol

not too bad. I like those new RE xxx sub designs. I would take the speakers off the dash though. thieves see that as advertisement.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Man in that video it sounds like that sub is bottoming out HARD.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

that noise your hearing is a small fan mounted under the amp without the fan on the sub sounds clean im gonna say fuck it and ditch the fan at some point bein that it dosnt seem to do much and the amp never got to hot before i installed it

that noise your hearing is a small fan mounted under the amp without the fan on the sub sounds clean im gonna say fuck it and ditch the fan at some point bein that it dosnt seem to do much and the amp never got to hot before i installed it

Nice, I've got an Accord my self.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Looking good my friend. Nice work. :drinks:

What size alt did you order. Output i mean.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

Looking good my friend. Nice work. :drinks:

What size alt did you order. Output i mean.

havnt ordered one yet but it will be a 220 amp made by singer i can't afford it anytime soon so........

Do you have any plans for upgrading?

I'd like to see that baffle painted or something!

upgrading what? And for the baffle im going to add a few more pieces of mdf to the front to give the sub a little bit more breathing room being that theres only 1/2 an half of clearance on the magnet, when i get around to doing that ill for sure make it look better lol what you see there was a oh shit the sub dont fit wtf do i do moment.

Archived