tmac93 Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 im trying to build a ported box for my orion hcca 10.2 , I don't really know where to start and I need a little help to get going, ive only built sealed enclosures in the past, and im having a hard time understanding how to build the box, as in porting it and such. im wanting to do a slot port, maybe tuned to 30-34hz. I listen to mostly slowed rap music and Decaf. so daily use. orions specs say box size should be .75cuft ported with a 2.5''x2.5'' square port. that just doesn't seem right to me, that small of port would cause port noise correct? and only .75 for this big ass 10''? if anyone can help me out, my max dimensions I can go with in my trunk is (32" wide, 24'' depth, and height of 15'') this may also help. Fs - 42.51 Vas - 0.31029 Qms - 7.16 Qes - 0.48 Qts - 0.45 Bl - 23.3 Sd - 51.66 xmax - 25.89mm Le - 1.93 Re - 3.9 displacement - 0.1268 ((I calculated my minimum port area to 33.28in on a site)) <--- not sure how to use this number maybe throw me some box plans or a design maybe? I want it to really slam and give me the most while sounding good.
truthsayer Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 .75 cuft sounds like that would be the specs for a sealed box. I would say about 1.5 cuft for a ported encloser. truthsayer
timc31610 Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 What amp will you be using? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
tmac93 Posted May 25, 2014 Author Report Posted May 25, 2014 the spec sheet for this is weird, its .75 for ported and .9 for sealed, never in my life have I seen something like that, its usually the other way around. and its powerd by an hifonics brz2100.1 not the best and efficient amp, but its what I will be using
tmac93 Posted May 25, 2014 Author Report Posted May 25, 2014 so if I go with 1.5'' cuft and I need 33.28in of port area, I can go with say 11x3, at 32hz it gives me 53 inches of port length???
tmac93 Posted May 25, 2014 Author Report Posted May 25, 2014 guess i'll prolly have to go sealed, its to hard for me to understand all this. I flunked math multiple times in school, and ive been reading on stuff for months and months trying to figure this out, but after multiple posts I still cant get the help I need on here
EP95 Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 Download Torres box builder, it'll help out big time on figuring out measurements for ports and such.
timc31610 Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 Like EP95 said, Torres is the way to go. Should look something like this----------> I didnt add your sub displacement, but it's not going to change much as far as volume or tuning if any. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
tmac93 Posted May 26, 2014 Author Report Posted May 26, 2014 now where it says port length 45'', how do I measure out 45'' of port? this is the part im so confused with.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.