Sonic Electronix

What should i upgrade first? Better door speakers or add subs?

If you're going to do it all anyways, then just upgrade to your preference. If the speakers sound good, do subwoofer first, if the speakers are crap, upgrade them first. Obviously you won't know how the stock system sounds until you have the car though.

I'm a basshead, with a new car it's always deck, wire in RCA's and power cables for all amps even though I don't have them all in yet. Then wire in subs and sub amp haha. Big 3 etc. Then later buy and throw in speaks, 4 ch amp, deadening etc.

With high pass on stock speakers, they'll sound surprisingly way better on deck power. Plus IMO bass will always make a system sound way better compared to just upgrading speakers with no subs, BUT i have heard setups that sound pretty damn good with just upgraded speaks 6 1/2 or bigger, but it's gotta be sealed, deadened and installed and tuned proper. Step dad threw some crazy 6x9's and pretty big amp back in the day into my mom's intrepid in the back deck. They were something like 250 watts each RMS and they BUMPED for 6x9's and had a clear high end. Peeps were asking if there was a sub or subs in the back hahaa.

thats pretty sick. Im only 17 so right now im just trying to get as much info so when i do get a newer vehicle i can upgrade the fuck out of it. right now i have a 2002 isuzu rodeo with 2 12 kenwood excelon. really not what i wanted but my parents didnt want me spending a ton.

Archived