2011 F150 Update: Blown sub, wall planning back in progress

Looking good so far man. I like the doors.

How did you wrap them so well. I had trouble with wrinkles.

I didn't wrap them. I paid to have it done, as I don't have the necessary skills. But my fiberglass guy is pretty damn good at what he does. So I'm not sure what he did to get them like that.

Oh alright. ya I ended up having some wrinkles in mine so just trying to learn a bit more about wrapping before I re wrap them. they look good though.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Looking good so far man. I like the doors.

How did you wrap them so well. I had trouble with wrinkles.

I didn't wrap them. I paid to have it done, as I don't have the necessary skills. But my fiberglass guy is pretty damn good at what he does. So I'm not sure what he did to get them like that.

Oh alright. ya I ended up having some wrinkles in mine so just trying to learn a bit more about wrapping before I re wrap them. they look good though.

Thanks! I guess I could mention that his requirements for the vinyl was that it was 4-way stretch, and no more than 1/16" in thickness. Not sure if that'll help or not. Good luck on the re wrap!

Check out my build!

4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great man, I had 4 way stretch vinyl and still had trouble with it on the trim of my console. It takes skills for sure.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

I love them door panels man, looks like something I would have come up with, lol, tuned in

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Hey bud, you got your half wall designed yet? any idea of how many cubes? I've been toying with the idea of selling the Rize lift kit to do a bigger audio build I'll be more than happy when the 22x12s get here and staying on 35s.

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

Looks great man, I had 4 way stretch vinyl and still had trouble with it on the trim of my console. It takes skills for sure.

Ya, there is no way I would have been able to do it that well myself. Shitty news though, the damn glue let go on my passenger side panel. He's gonna take them back and see if he can't reglue it without having to redo it completely. But niether of us have our hopes too high for that.

Hey bud, you got your half wall designed yet? any idea of how many cubes? I've been toying with the idea of selling the Rize lift kit to do a bigger audio build I'll be more than happy when the 22x12s get here and staying on 35s.

It's designed, but for the life of me I can't remember a single dimension about it. Lol. Gonna be a bottom, forward fire port roughly 7-8" tall. And then it's gonna angle back a little to accommodate my seats and the subs will be facing forward as well. I'm not sure what route you should go though. As a daily driver, I don't want anything too extreme suspension wise. So once this truck is no longer DD I'll go nuts and slam it. So if I was you, I'd be going audio. And those 22's would look sweet on 35's.

Check out my build!

4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/

I have somebody offering me 3 grand for the lift so I think it's gonna get sold. I wanna do 4 15 for sure, just haven't looked into everything. I really don't care about numbers I just want something I can enjoy daily and demo at shows.

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

I have somebody offering me 3 grand for the lift so I think it's gonna get sold. I wanna do 4 15 for sure, just haven't looked into everything. I really don't care about numbers I just want something I can enjoy daily and demo at shows.

Ya, kind of hard not to go that way if you've already got someone offering to buy the kit. I was kind of wanting to chase numbers when I first started planning this build, but now I'm in the same mindset as you. Just want it to be loud and awesome. Lol. One thing I'll say that I've found out though, I already miss my backseat. My next build will definitely be a blow through. So if you can handle hacking into your truck, I would go with that route. I also don't think I'll go this big again power wise. Too much hassle with having to upgrade the electrical so much. I've got a DC 3.5K and 4 D'amore 15's that I'll use next time around. Lol. Way easier.

Check out my build!

Archived