Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box for a skar zvx 15 v1.5


Recommended Posts

Posted

Changing the dimensions to 18h, 30w would result in a 2.3 net box so not feasible only very slight changes may be done, also, you really don't need the bracing but you can add some if you want, you can do a front to back and a top to bottom braces wooden or metallic, the bracing displacement would leave you very close to 3 cubes net.

Ok..I will measure the clearance in the trunk again..I remember I had a 30" long box in ther for a 15"t2 before and it was kind of a tight fit but as long as I have the space for the box to fit I could always build it inside the car ..I know for sure 35" long wont allow me to build it outside of the car.. as far as the bracing I was only really worried about top to bottom and left to right..

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Posted

He specifically said, power to what the sub is rated at. 700W+ over what the sub is rated for, is not rated power.

True but unless you know of a good amp that will do 1500watts rms at 2ohms for 500 dollars im stuck with what I have access to..the sub is a dual 1ohm so my only options are 2ohm and .5ohm and either way id be over rated because I can get 2 1100w class d amps for 500 and theyll strap together to do 2200wrms at 2ohms

http://www.xplicitaudio.com/taramps-hd-1200-2-ohm/

Posted

He specifically said, power to what the sub is rated at. 700W+ over what the sub is rated for, is not rated power.

True but unless you know of a good amp that will do 1500watts rms at 2ohms for 500 dollars im stuck with what I have access to..the sub is a dual 1ohm so my only options are 2ohm and .5ohm and either way id be over rated because I can get 2 1100w class d amps for 500 and theyll strap together to do 2200wrms at 2ohms

http://www.xplicitaudio.com/taramps-hd-1200-2-ohm/
Sry bro but smells like bullshit to me. Any amp that puts out 1200 at 2 ohms and isnt 1 ohm stable and costs less than 400 bucks seems fishy to me..I think the size is a factor idk why theyre so small ..plus If it does put out rated power I bet its not good sq ..I just dont trust it. I have a buddy that has two memphis mc1.1100s brand new in the box ive had experience with those amps and know for sure they are good sq and definitely underrated. .figure ill just buy em n not turn the gain all the way up to max undistorted. Ill strap them together and run them..set gains with the dd1and then probe with a dmm and turn gain down until it reads 45vac that way ill forsure be giving it enough power but not rediculously overpowering

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Posted

He specifically said, power to what the sub is rated at. 700W+ over what the sub is rated for, is not rated power.

True but unless you know of a good amp that will do 1500watts rms at 2ohms for 500 dollars im stuck with what I have access to..the sub is a dual 1ohm so my only options are 2ohm and .5ohm and either way id be over rated because I can get 2 1100w class d amps for 500 and theyll strap together to do 2200wrms at 2ohms
http://www.xplicitaudio.com/taramps-hd-1200-2-ohm/
Sry bro but smells like bullshit to me. Any amp that puts out 1200 at 2 ohms and isnt 1 ohm stable and costs less than 400 bucks seems fishy to me..I think the size is a factor idk why theyre so small ..plus If it does put out rated power I bet its not good sq ..I just dont trust it. I have a buddy that has two memphis mc1.1100s brand new in the box ive had experience with those amps and know for sure they are good sq and definitely underrated. .figure ill just buy em n not turn the gain all the way up to max undistorted. Ill strap them together and run them..set gains with the dd1and then probe with a dmm and turn gain down until it reads 45vac that way ill forsure be giving it enough power but not rediculously overpowering

lol. There's two versions of that amp. A 1 ohm version and 2 ohm version. You said you wanted to find a good amp that will do 1500 watts at 2 ohms. I found one for you.

You'd probably blow the amp anyways. Stick to Korean amps

  • 1 month later...
Posted

He specifically said, power to what the sub is rated at. 700W+ over what the sub is rated for, is not rated power.

True but unless you know of a good amp that will do 1500watts rms at 2ohms for 500 dollars im stuck with what I have access to..the sub is a dual 1ohm so my only options are 2ohm and .5ohm and either way id be over rated because I can get 2 1100w class d amps for 500 and theyll strap together to do 2200wrms at 2ohms
http://www.xplicitaudio.com/taramps-hd-1200-2-ohm/
Sry bro but smells like bullshit to me. Any amp that puts out 1200 at 2 ohms and isnt 1 ohm stable and costs less than 400 bucks seems fishy to me..I think the size is a factor idk why theyre so small ..plus If it does put out rated power I bet its not good sq ..I just dont trust it. I have a buddy that has two memphis mc1.1100s brand new in the box ive had experience with those amps and know for sure they are good sq and definitely underrated. .figure ill just buy em n not turn the gain all the way up to max undistorted. Ill strap them together and run them..set gains with the dd1and then probe with a dmm and turn gain down until it reads 45vac that way ill forsure be giving it enough power but not rediculously overpowering

lol. There's two versions of that amp. A 1 ohm version and 2 ohm version. You said you wanted to find a good amp that will do 1500 watts at 2 ohms. I found one for you.

You'd probably blow the amp anyways. Stick to Korean amps

After you posted about the taramps I researched them a little bit ..sounds like the have issues with overheating and dont handle alot of vibrations well..ive seen people selling them for these reasons. I bet they would make a good option for spl burp competion budget builds but im doing a daily driver..I ended up getting a ct sounds at1400.1d ..ill run it at 2 ohms to break the sub in for a few weeks and then ill wire to .5ohms later in a few weeks when I get my alternator

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4700 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...