Second Skin Audio

What if an enclosure is too big for the subs?

Ektro

23" tall, 42 wide,

how deep,

port height

port length

how many layers is that baffle?

10338830_1419398611671192_87487340086215

double baffle box. Port is probably 21in long, 5 wide. butttttttttttt there is this photo as well

1381557_1419398171671236_203303712265490

maybe i am stupid, but that port look really really short. like you are tuned in the high 40's or maybe low 50's. cant be sure though. need more numbers

The box is together so can't really measure much now.

The builder used a box design software to make sure it could be tuned at 33-35hz but he worried that it will be too big for XL subs...not the port just the cubes in general...

He took the design I came with and tried to tweak it with his software.

I just hope this box turns out really well...really don't want to have to sell my XLs to try and get lvl 5s so I can use the damn box!

That port isn't 21" long.

Come on dude, take a tape measure and measure the dimensions. Height, depth, width, port width, port depth. We can't figure anything out without the dimensions

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You can easily take a tape measure and hook out it to the port extension to see what the depth is. You can also measure the 3 dimensions of the outside of the box. Height, depth, width. Pretty easy stuff man.

Also, who designed it?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If your box is as far off size-wise as it sounds like it is your best bet may be to just start over. Another idea is you might be able to cut 6", or however many inches it needs to be, off the bottom and then glue another bottom on it to get the size down. You will almost definitely have to make some port modifications to get the tuning right, but with the bottom off that may not be too tough to do. If it were me that's probably the route I would take.

Regardless of the design issues, I'm not impressed with your builder's skills.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If your box is as far off size-wise as it sounds like it is your best bet may be to just start over. Another idea is you might be able to cut 6", or however many inches it needs to be, off the bottom and then glue another bottom on it to get the size down. You will almost definitely have to make some port modifications to get the tuning right, but with the bottom off that may not be too tough to do. If it were me that's probably the route I would take.

Regardless of the design issues, I'm not impressed with your builder's skills.

I think he did good.

Archived