Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What if an enclosure is too big for the subs?


Ektro

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was giving a design for my 2 DC XL-15 subs and I was told it was a 7 cube box. My builder got done building it and the damn thing is 10 cubes! He said he can reduce it with some blocks and such things but I am just wondering what happens when you put subs in a oversized box.

Posted

Are you sure its 10 cubes total or 10 cubes after displacement? Might be 10 cubes total and 7 after displacement of port/bracing/subs ect...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Bottoms out easier

Good bye triple joint. DC drivers especially.

Are you sure its 10 cubes total or 10 cubes after displacement? Might be 10 cubes total and 7 after displacement of port/bracing/subs ect...

Thats what im thinking. With drivers loaded, and bracing, it maybe in the 7cube range...

Posted

Are you sure its 10 cubes total or 10 cubes after displacement? Might be 10 cubes total and 7 after displacement of port/bracing/subs ect...

It was 12 before displacement and 10 or so after.

I am still waiting on the subs to get in so we are kinda hoping that it will be ok but if not he is going to put blocks in the box.

Posted

Are you sure its 10 cubes total or 10 cubes after displacement? Might be 10 cubes total and 7 after displacement of port/bracing/subs ect...

It was 12 before displacement and 10 or so after.

SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why did your builder do that?

Posted

Are you sure its 10 cubes total or 10 cubes after displacement? Might be 10 cubes total and 7 after displacement of port/bracing/subs ect...

It was 12 before displacement and 10 or so after.

SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why did your builder do that?

I got the design from a guy then gave it to my builder and my builder was just like what the hell!

Posted

I might have made the noob move of believing the designer, I got my wood pre cut at home depot and then took it to my builder.

Posted

I should have let my builder do the design and get the wood cut -_- ended up spending $90 on MDF trying to get it the design right and we still might have to put blocking in it to get the correct cubes.

He told me anytime he does DC builds, it's always harder than it has to be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3326 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...