dual (two different) alternators, multiply batteries. combine or separate for vehicle and audio

Ok, before I do anything, I want to be 200% sure how I can and should go about this.

First off I have an

AQ 3500.1

2 SSA ZCON 18's Dual 1OHM

1 singer 350amp alt installed

1 xs d3400 in the front

1 xs d3400 in the back

2 runs of SHCA 1/0 positive (fused respectively), 2 run negative

What I want to do is have a dual alt setup.

1. Reinstall the original alt for the vehicle; leave the singer alt for the audio system.

2. Install regular battery for vehicle, place front batt with back batt. Then add 2 more batts in back. 4 total in back.

So I guess I’m confused as how to wire it all up. Or I might know but just need to write it down to understand and maybe get some input.

Regular alt and battery: install as it was just stock with no audio at all.

Singer alt: Alt to fuses>back batteries>amp.

Where I think I’m stuck is getting two alts to run.

Also the two negatives I had from front batt to back batt, do I just ground them to singer alt?

Can both alts share negative grounds? Not sure how all that works as far as negatives. If all batts for audio are in the back, would I have to run grounds to the front to engine? or just to frame and then the singer alt ground?

I think I covered it all.

I'm fixing to do basically the same thing I'm just running my Singer alt with a XS VCM and a pigtail harness and relay that Mike sent with my alt that is hooked to a key on 12v fuse. I'm planning on leaving the stock alt hooked up as is. Mike said I can get more out of the singer by not running off my trucks computer. I still need input on hooking up my batts as in can they all be ran together with the two alts or does one need to be isolated to the stock alt..

2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab

Current Set up -

Headunit - JVC 6100BT

Mids/Highs - Sundown SA-6.5 CS x2

- 4 Crescendo pwx6.5's

- 2 Crescendo ft1's

Mids/Highs amps - 2 Sundown SAX100.4 V2

Sub amp - NS-1 V2

Alts - 2 Singer 320a 6 Phase

2 XS D4800 under the hood

2 XS D3100's in back

2 Sundown Team 18's walled

from the research i have done trying to figure all this out, i think one has to be just for the stock alt and not hooked up to the others. if both alts are separate of each other then connecting them them to the same batteries, I think, would cause an issue. can you show a picture of the pigtail harness and relay you got. I bought my alt off another person so I didnt get all that stuff.

Sorry I'm out of town at work so I don't have pics but it's just a plug like the factory one for the alt and has a single yellow wire out of it. I can't believe nobody has chimed in on help with running alts and batts..

2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab

Current Set up -

Headunit - JVC 6100BT

Mids/Highs - Sundown SA-6.5 CS x2

- 4 Crescendo pwx6.5's

- 2 Crescendo ft1's

Mids/Highs amps - 2 Sundown SAX100.4 V2

Sub amp - NS-1 V2

Alts - 2 Singer 320a 6 Phase

2 XS D4800 under the hood

2 XS D3100's in back

2 Sundown Team 18's walled

Grounds can be shared. There is no way to create a seperate ground unless you were somehow able to mount the alternator without the case creating contact with anything conductive. setup the front battery and factory alternator as if it was a completely stock vehicle. Run power from singer alt straight to rear batteries. You can do ground runs from your battery bank in the rear to the singer alt if you want, or you can ground the rear battery bank to the chassis and add the same amount of grounds from the singer alt to the chassis.

I would run the Singer off a VCM (Mechman or XS makes them) To control your voltage on your singer alt. In this case 14V batteries would be better. run wires back to rear batteries. Ground to frame and chassis in rear, running back to singer alt would be a waste of good wire, considering the frame and chassis acts as 1 big conductor. Then just run your stock alt all stock except I would do a 12V D3400. Sounds like a good plan.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived