UKSQguy's builds, walled Citroen cracks 150, 18" DC level 6 in a Renault hatchbback WIP

What happened to the dust caps?

Half off at the "drop and kick" sale.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

may i ask, what screws you used for the first layer on the roof? im scared to do that and actually going thru the roof on the outside lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

The first layer of wood just uses the PU adhesive to bond the mdf to the roof. Its kind of difficult but i use something to "prop up" a brace to hold the wood up in various locations. After that you screw up the subsequent layers making sure you dont use screws that are long enough to go all the way through the layers.

Dustcaps, pah, yeah they were cheap 2nd hand and all work perfectly. Shouldn't be difficult to sort them out.

Gav

ok sounds good, but, didnt you need to fill the gaps between wood and roof with some spanding foam? just curious

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

ok sounds good, but, didnt you need to fill the gaps between wood and roof with some spanding foam? just curious

You could do that for sure, whether it makes much difference i don't know. The method i use relies on the lamination process of the layers to add strength and reduce flex. There's significantly less flex now with the low lows, still get some vibration above 40Hz though.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok a few updates for you guys. Been really busy the past few weeks doing little jobs but we finally got the saxo wall playing by itself. Unfortunately after about an hour both bass amps (JBL1201.1) gave up. No protect light or anything, just stopped working. Mt theory is they didn't like being wired down to 1.33 as they are only rated for 2ohms. I may have built a box that has very little box rise which we were counting on to allow us to use those amps. Never mind, the owner is picking up a Sundown 2500d V1 today as a replacement so should be playing again before the weekend is out.

News for the megane build, all three subs are now removed. Two have been sold and the third i am using in my accord in either a fart box or a huge 6th order. I have about 10 cubes to play with. Replacing the 12's will be a single 15" Tantric HDD which will receive 4k from the GZ amp. As we have about 7 cubes in the Megane, i'm hoping we can make a nice box with interchangeable ports. Low tuning for daily, and something in the 40Hz region for competition. We'll see, we have around 4 months to play around with it. If anyone has any Tantric HDD experience on here i'd love you to chime in and offre any advice. There's probably only a handful of these things in the UK. Hoping to crack 150db with it.

Gav

IMG-20141207-WA0010.jpg

So, the wall is a little louder. We was expecting a little more but voltage became an issue. There's no way we could get full power out of the amp safely. Front battery is only a 45Ah and the poor little alternator is struggling. Plans are in progress to put that right so we can get the scores up even more. Also the wall definitely requires more sealing as the termlab was hitting 138db in the boot lol. Anyway, its a start and the goal of 150 has been acheived. Onto the next goal - hitting 150 at all propper dropper test frequencies above 25Hz.

Gav

• 3 weeks later...

Stock the level sixes don't like fourth orders..... At least from what I have seen

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived