Just curious of everyone elses opinion:

I'm a white dude and consider myself not racist. I grew up in Holland, spent 2 years in Portugal, then moved here. I never experienced racism until I moved to the USA at the age of 16. (not that there is no racism in Europe)

Anyhow, again, I consider myself not racist, however, I also believe that everyone my somewhat be one.

About Barack...I liked him...but....

this latest thing with his pastor...I mean, the pastor appears to not like whites, his ideas seem to be racist...right? (I haven't heard quite everything that he said)

So....how can someone (like Obama) go to his church for 20 years and not agree with the pastors ideas??? (confused)

I go to church. If my (white) pastor had the same thoughts about blacks I would definitely quite going to that church.

I liked Obama, not any more.

He seemed like a genuine guy...until this. How could someone go to that church for 20 years, (the pastor is his mentor!!!), and continue to go when his (the pastors) ideas are....absurd!!

I don't want this thread to be argumentatively in a racial way, keep any "slurs" or insults to yourself.

store_logo_sig.jpg

My pastor is kinda like that too. He says a lot about white people but not necessarily to put them down but to tell the younger black kids in the church that they have to do better to compete. I ignore what he says most of the time because hes old and senile but thats just how he is. I don't even go to church much now.

And I'm not racist either. I'm a nice person but I hate people of all races.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

And I'm not racist either. I'm a nice person but I hate people of all races.
Funny :D

Guess you are black. I allways wanted to go to a black church...seems much more fun than the tighty whity church. I just just think I'd be out of place ;)

Being a foreigner (well almost, been here 28 years) I can see where the black community has been "short-changed" (to say the least). However, I can't agree with a pastor speaking in such ways...everyone must base their own opinion, and certainly not hear any negativity about any race..from any pastor. There certainly is nothing in the Bible about preaching in such manners.

Edited by CustomCarputers
store_logo_sig.jpg

I agree 100%. Like I said my pastor is nothing like this other guy but he has said some things about white people as a comparison to blacks and mexicans.

We also have white and mexican members of the church that he is very close to. Our choir director is white and gay and he is accepted just like anyone else.

And yes, black churches are more fun! I've been to both and I have white friends that have been to both lol! You wouldn't be out of place at all. Most of the people in the church wouldn't judge you. As long as you are there for the same purpose...you are family

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif